Unknown Purple MTB Frame - can anyone help identify?

skolioza":24jgc7j4 said:
looks a bit similar to MTN TEK I had a while ago (1 1/4", seat qr between seat tube and rear triangle, spinner forks)
Cable routing, dropouts are different, but it could be just because it's a different model?
https://picasaweb.google.com/1021978808 ... qFibe4jQE#

Thanks for the reply, but this defo isn't it either - the reinforced seat tube brace, cable routing, seattube/seatstay lugs, lack of lugged rear dropouts and lack of press fit b/b are all different. Don't think yours has ovalised tubing either does it from the pics?

rjsdavis":2uor56eu said:
Hi to all

I've had some frames knocking about in the shed for the best part of 20 years, and I've finally got around to clearing it out! Problem is, I just don't know what a couple of them are.

This one was picked up in the BIKE UK liquidation auction in the early 90's and I assume it was a customer's bike that had been in for respray and they went bust before the customer got it back. I can't see any obvious markings on it, apart from the SPINNER dropouts on the front forks - does anyone recognise the unusual rear dropout lugs or the press-fit bottom bracket shell, the top routed cables, front mech roller mount, or Columbus MAX style ovalised tubing?

Hi res Gallery to the pics below - any help in identification and therefore valuation is very much appreciated!

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/002955566-.html#1

Specs are:

TT - C-C = 22.5" / 57.5cm
ST - C-C = 17.5" / 44.5cm
RDO = 130MM OLN
Head Tube = 1.25"
All Top Routed Cable Mounts
Front Mech Pulley Wheel
Canti / V-Brake Bosses
Columbus Max OR style ovalised tubing (TT / DT and bottom of ST)
Twin Bottle Bosses
Circa 30mm Seatpin (not exact but close)

:?

Have now compressed and uploaded some pics of the frame into this thread directly, as I appreciate some people won't be bothered to go and look at the hi-res gallery that is linked just above - therefore, hopefully this will assist someone to recognise those rather unusual rear dropout lugs? (I've certainly never seen any like those before!!)

Attachments

• IMG_00000098-1.jpg
    IMG_00000098-1.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_00000094-1.jpg
    IMG_00000094-1.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_00000093-1.jpg
    IMG_00000093-1.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_00000092-1.jpg
    IMG_00000092-1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_00000090-1.jpg
    IMG_00000090-1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 687
Mountain Goat? The way the stays join higher than the top tube made me think that anyway. Might not be as I think they used to have wishbone seat stays.

Another manufacturer who welded the seat stays higher than the top tube was Muddy Fox.

Possibly made by a company that makes road frames? Mainly due to the dropout details and the top of the seat tube cluster.

konahed":zh5v8v2c said:
Mountain Goat? The way the stays join higher than the top tube made me think that anyway. Might not be as I think they used to have wishbone seat stays.

Another manufacturer who welded the seat stays higher than the top tube was Muddy Fox.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it would appear not. Have just spent the last 10 mins googling Mtn Goats, and they all appear to be clean fillet brazed joints, and this is just TIG welded....

Tazio":13oba23p said:
Possibly made by a company that makes road frames? Mainly due to the dropout details and the top of the seat tube cluster.

Could be - ever seen one like this before?

Back