The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

you move two resistors inside an 8000a to separate the pre/ power sections.

I'd run the 8000A into the Linns with the 753 off the 8000P with both on at the same time.

But thats me.

The Quad 34 'Black' (like Mercedes) went for £205 so all the time head scratching and parts investment was worth it :)

The chap's replacing a tired 33 with it, worth a small part ex?

apache":5o93zd0w said:
The Quad 34 'Black' (like Mercedes) went for £205 so all the time head scratching and parts investment was worth it :)

The chap's replacing a tired 33 with it, worth a small part ex?

yeaaaaaaaah....

Got a few bits for sale here:

Sound Organisation 5 tier hifi rack, my dad threw away 3 of the shelves and replaced them with some home-made ones which are more substantial but look shit. - £10 collected.

Yamaha KX-393 cassette deck - £10 collected.

Audioquest speaker cables, fitted with plugs for bi-wired connection, but only very short, about 1.5m each I think. These cable were hella expensive when new. £10 + postage cost.

If anyone wants all 3 they can collect for £20! Here are some terrible out-of-focus pictures...

I have a Naim NAC 122X pre amp and NAP150 power amp for sale surplus to requirements.

The 122x is 2008 I think, exc condition, but no box. £350

The NAP150 is 2002 but went back to naim July 2012 for full factory service and recap (£250), boxed in mint condition, £400.

also have a pair of Castle kendal floor standing speakers, black ash, 2001, owned by me from new, hardly used and never turned up! £90.

Willing to post at cost.

I read a NAIM brochure today which stated that cable (wire) is directional. I've always regarded NAIM as a company who build extremely well engineered, if a bit overpriced kit, but as far as I'm concerned, if NAIM really honestly expect me to believe that wire is directional (and aren't just stating it for marketing reasons - ie. audiophiles are deluded), they've lost any credibility in my view.

But this is superb...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEST-valve-am ... 485a35e965

Apparently, their system is worth £120k (yes, a 3 bed detached house in some areas) because they have a crossover which directs bass to the loud bass speaker and treble to the smaller one! They must be working on the 'audiophiles are deluded' principle too.

I'm in the wrong job...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a 52p Maplin secret ingredient in place?

diode.jpg

bump for all the for sale bits.

I am going to be putting up a few bits soon.

Any call for amplifiers?

I have a few for under £40 posted

Sherwood, Sony and a few others.

Back