'98? Altitude?

troje

Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockymountain-A ... 27d7283a0c

Buyers says it's a '98 Altitude but if I recall correctly, there wasn't an Altitude that year? Besides that, this frame still has cantilever mounts which were dropped in 1997. The colour scheme doesn't ring a better either. My guess it's a repainted Hammer...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Doubt... that anti chainsuck device mount looks exactly like the one on my '97 Altitude.

I was thinking 97

I don't think it's a Hammer - the mounting point of the seat stays is too low, it does look like an Altitude. I would guess it's a 96 Altitude, repainted by RM in 1998.

A clear sight of the dropouts would help - the Hammer had plain dropouts with a rack eye, the Altitude had no rack eye.

edit
Actually thereis a shot that shows no rack eye, so I would say definitely not a Hammer. The decals look so authentic, I would say RM painted this.

I couldn't spot the rackeye either. And 96 was indeed the last year with the canti stops. And it looks like it has the externally milled headtube.

Agree with you, it looks like a repainted or custom paint Altitude from '96.

Anyone here who bought it? Overall a good deal I think.

Back