Masi ID Help!!!

ahahaha! look what i found here! A super-mega-retro-bossy-guru that is eager and willing to mock and smash hard a newbie!!
OMG!!! i feel really intimidated!! How I could simple dared to write here?? JC i am really scared!

well, if you were not so self-referential, instead of insulting my by insinuating that i am stupid or, even worse, a liar, you would have had a closer look to what i wrote and to my pictures as well. This would have saved you to give suggestion not in line with your super-mega-retro-guru knowledge as to look webpage on American Masi or to say that "ignoring all the other bits" my bike is exactly a 1985.

Well, "all the other bits" are pretty important in identifying the year of a Masi as each year one of this bit were slightly changed as the bike was an evolution of the one of the previous year. This is to say that chainstay bridge and seatpost bridge of my bike are pretty different from the one produced in the 80s. Without mentioning the Fisher slotted fork that disappeared from Masi bike in 1978.... but i know you have your magic explanation for this: "ignore all the other bits"

This is to say that if you want mock people, you better be sure you what you my bossy super guru.

A trembling hug from your scared and stupid newbie.

PS: below you can find the pictures of the serial number. As said earlier the bike has been repainted so they are almost unreadable. This are the best i could make. If you read what i wrote in my previous post and you look at them, you'll see what i meant. Now, you may believe on what i wrote and we can try to explain pictures and a bike that i find strange or you can simply think that i used photoshop. For sure, i did not come to this forum for being mocked and insulted by you pal....

Attachments

• cDSC_0396n.jpg
    cDSC_0396n.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 329
  • cDSC_0405cd.jpg
    cDSC_0405cd.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 329
Maximilian71":2i1x0ycd said:
ahahaha! look what i found here! A super-mega-retro-bossy-guru that is eager and willing to mock and smash hard a newbie!!
OMG!!! i feel really intimidated!! How I could simple dared to write here?? JC i am really scared!

well, if you were not so self-referential, instead of insulting my by insinuating that i am stupid or, even worse, a liar, you would have had a closer look to what i wrote and to my pictures as well. This would have saved you to give suggestion not in line with your super-mega-retro-guru knowledge as to look webpage on American Masi or to say that "ignoring all the other bits" my bike is exactly a 1985.

Well, "all the other bits" are pretty important in identifying the year of a Masi as each year one of this bit were slightly changed as the bike was an evolution of the one of the previous year. This is to say that chainstay bridge and seatpost bridge of my bike are pretty different from the one produced in the 80s. Without mentioning the Fisher slotted fork that disappeared from Masi bike in 1978.... but i know you have your magic explanation for this: "ignore all the other bits"

This is to say that if you want mock people, you better be sure you what you my bossy super guru.

A trembling hug from your scared and stupid newbie.

PS: below you can find the pictures of the serial number. As said earlier the bike has been repainted so they are almost unreadable. This are the best i could make. If you read what i wrote in my previous post and you look at them, you'll see what i meant. Now, you may believe on what i wrote and we can try to explain pictures and a bike that i find strange or you can simply think that i used photoshop. For sure, i did not come to this forum for being mocked and insulted by you pal....

Nicely said, from a fellow masi owner.mine is a 3D volumetrica and the frame number on that is really hard to see.enjoy your bike , its a beauty

Maybe, but your bottom bracket is completely different from the link you posted and totally identical to the bottom bracket on the Masi from 1986, but that doesn't mean that your bike is from 1986 and I never said that.

You were the one that started to pick holes as I posted a link to a US Masi website where, by following the links contained on that particular page you would be easily lead you to the Italian section. I didn't say that the information on your particular Masi was contained on that page at all.

Of course the other bits are important to identifying the bike and you are ignoring them, so I concede. If you wish to believe that your Masi is from 1978 then feel free to do so.

1978 it is.

Edit: You've got the size of that no. 8 wrong it needs to be bigger ( I do photoshop for a living ;) )

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I know that I was not so good with photoshop...

As i could not really understand this bike (for your same reason, even if i was definitely pissed off by your tone), i wrote yesterday to Alberto Masi and, surprisingly, he replied this morning. He confirms my reconstruction (which was inspired by a member of another forum).

For non-italians speakers he said that the bike is a Prestige 1978/79. Bike was repainted and decal are not original. When repainted, the bike was modified and the shift cables passing below the bottom bracket were added. The fonts stamped on the bottom bracket identifies the frame. The original Italian text is below.

I am very happy to finally have rebuilt the history of the bike! At lenght, i may not be good at climbing mountains but I am a good cycling detective!

PS: regarding the brazed on front mech hanger: it indicates that the bike was fixed

---------- Messaggio inoltrato ----------
Da: Alberto Masi <albertomasi@tiscali.it>
Date: 30 agosto 2013 08:47
Oggetto: Bici
A: XXXXXXX

Gent. Sig. XXXXXXX la bici e' una Masi prestige, l' anno e' del 78/79. È' stata riverniciata e le decalco non sono le sue anno fatto un adattamento, i passacavi sotto al movimento non sono originali sono stati fatti nella riverniciature. Le sigle so dei codici di riconoscimento del telaio. A sua disposizione per qualsiasi cosa. Tel. 02- 33101647 Distinti saluti A. Masi

Inviato da iPhone AM

hello,
Then, I want to ask you something.
I would like to buy a frame MASI PRESTIGE late 80's, but I somehow doubt that it is original.
In fact as compared to the original MASI Prestige, there is a written MASI between the tube and the fork typical of 3V.
on the tube then there is the yellow triangle drawn.
since you are an expert, can you tell me something?
if you want I can send photographs.
Thank you.
gianmarco

nice to see a masi topic here on the forum. if price is anything to go by they must be quite rare !

Back