15th September - Glencoe Camp and ride out.

Seriously, your bringing the MB3. At Torridon we all crashed at some point, you at least twice, and the trails were punishing as f***. Where we're going we know the trails are even tougher. Mr P are you seriously out of your tree :shock:

Keith, you started this thread thus you need to start kicking folk into gear regarding the plan. Its not a democracy in here so feel free to start making unilateral decisions. Whats the plan as per bunkhouse or camping.
I cant help make the decisions as I've never been to the proposed venue plus i'm all organised out post road run.
This place keeps going quiet and folks like Ewan want to know whats the plan.
Sorry Ewan, its herding cats in here :roll: :LOL:

soz been mental at work just now.

for those camping the best site is the red squirrel in Glencoe. http://www.redsquirrelcampsite.co.uk/

no need to book and just along road from clachaig.

plan is doing the full loop from campsite along to the devils staircase, down to blackwater reservior then down ciaran path to kinlochleven. then finally back round loop to start point.

meet at the carpark at the bottom of the devils staircase at 9am for riding by 9.30am.
Us campers can either cycle or packup and take the cars along.

so roll call:

campers:
keithyr
ZZ - sharing keiths cosy 2 man tent.
Velo - own tent.

day trippers:

also need somebody with a GPS to do a GPX route in case we get lost (i have one from memory

Excellent, all that was needed was a boot from my size tens and voila !

Liking the ethos of the campsite, just show up as there's 22 acres, there's plenty of room and we're open all year :shock:

Who'd want to camp in mid january in Glencoe, there are some hardcore nutters out there !

and thanks for the gentle "prod" Velo,

in terms of travel - me you and ZZ in my car traveling light. 2 bikes on the back one in the boot. small man bag each lol.

should be sorted as not bringing any glamping gear!

Back