15th September - Glencoe Camp and ride out.

i will give it my best shot looks like a lot of puncture kind of place

will be good to be near my old stomping ground again. Argyll born and bred lol

the hostel's just along from the red squirrel campsite. there's a path linking the two, always thought they were owned by the same folk. it's a great camp-site that allows fires, although you'll need one at this time of year. our regular drill is, evening arrival, outta the car, get fire going, then tent up. you need the fire just to keep the midgy b*stards at bay..

Was checking on the UKFatbikes site what they thought of the ideal bike for Ciaran path etc and predictably they said fat bike but did give a balanced view siting its posssible to ride on anything given time and talent. Being a technophobe and knowing Jamie will ride it on his Pugsley I'm tending toward my half fat plan I've had for ages but not completed thus no pesky air suspension and linkages issues. Just bought a single speed 135mm OLN disc rotor hub for my front wheel in my Surly forks so I'm steps closer to this simple gnarly terrain tamer.
One quote from HTRider on the UK Fatbike site amused me:
Its quite popular with the full face lid and body armour brigade so remember to give each other high fives and say dude a lot when you've finished it
:LOL:
I will be dragging out my sixsixone knee pads, elbow pads, hip pads etc for this one. Kit I seldom wear as theyre a bit restrictive and warm but not breaking myself is a number one importance.

same here Velo, knee and elbow pads getting looked out.

ZZ - due to space left in car i think me you and Velo are gonna have to do the bunkhouse rather than camp if ye still fancy that.

just ordered knee and elbow pads last night crc do a set for £12 dont know how good but better than skin and bones hitting rock

Back