Shimano PD T100 pedals. Weinmann 105 wheelset or hubs alone

trail-blazer

Retro Guru
PD T100 pedals. Need cleaned up and greased. Bodies in good condition - I only one have one of the plastic platforms to go with them. (not pictured) £10 posted sound okay?

I also have this 1987 700c Weinmann 105 wheelset and cassette which I have no use for. The rear is buckled - it's at least 10mm out, should be repairable? The front is much better with barely any runout and much better spoke tension. Their construction makes them look like tubs but they are clinchers. Rims and hubs need a good clean. Skewers included. Freehub is nice and smooth.

Spoke tension on rear isn't great and the spokes have surface rust which does rub off.

The cassette is a 6 speed uniglide which I can't remove as I don't have two chainwhips.

The hubs need cleaning up and greasing but should come up nicely.

I don't need these wheels so I'd be quite happy to take £15 + post for the wheelset (@£12.50) or I could cut out the hubs and do them for £10 + post (around £3) but you'd have a mare getting the cassette off. :twisted:

Edit - postage on the hubs alone would be £5.20 because of the Royal Mail's new sizing guidelines and the cassette makes the package taller than 80mm. :x

Re: Shimano PD T100 pedals. Weinmann 105 wheelset or hubs a

After further inspection, it would appear that rims aren't worth keeping so I'm going to chop the hubs out. :twisted:

I want to remove the cassette though. Sure it's a Uniglide. Is it a 2 chainwhip job?

Re: Shimano PD T100 pedals. Weinmann 105 wheelset or hubs a

Hubs now withdrawn from sale since I polished the cr@p out of them and no longer want to sell them anymore. Rims are going to Percybigun to see if he can do owt with them.

I now have a tray full of 105 goodies. (I do have LH crank and Biopace rings - not pictured) :cool:

You don't need two chainwhips either, to remove a uniglide cassette. One old chain nailed to a sturdy fence works great to secure the large cog - chainwhip on the little cog and Bob's yer uncle. ;)

I really didn't want to get my hands dirty as well. :LOL:

Back