All sorts. LX, DX, Acor, Mafac, Girvin, Ritchey, Specialized

Re: All sorts. LX, DX, Acor, Mafac, Girvin, Ritchey, Special

Bart

Am I right in thinking that your 1" Spesh quill would be pretty much the original design for my son's 'new' '92 RockHopper?

this one viewtopic.php?f=2&t=247807 :cool:

cheers
And

Archemist":1w0p99oa said:
Bart

Am I right in thinking that your 1" Spesh quill would be pretty much the original design for my son's 'new' '92 RockHopper?

cheers
And

The quill stem is from the eighties and was fitted on a Rockhopper or Hardrock in 1988..

stumpjumper1990":16clmsad said:
Archemist":16clmsad said:
Bart

cheers
And

The quill stem is from the eighties and was fitted on a Rockhopper or Hardrock in 1988..

Would you say it was similar to this one - size and rise! (Yours looks like a cast Kalloy one same as on my MF Courier but I can't tell if the one in the picture is welded or cast?

Would a cheeky 15euro's of my son's pocket money be ok? (it IS for his bike :) )
Thanks
And

Archemist":1q0kilxi said:

Would you say it was similar to this one - size and rise! (Yours looks like a cast Kalloy one same as on my MF Courier but I can't tell if the one in the picture is welded or cast?

Would a cheeky 15euro's of my son's pocket money be ok? (it IS for his bike :) )
Thanks
And

Hi And,

Think the one in the picture is welded like all the Specialized stems in that year..

Make it €17 and it's yours!

Bart

Thanks for the info - all the others do look welded but my (limited) knowledge of Stumpies, etc stopped in about 1990.

We may have a welded one but if it's not suitable (I think we need a short reach and some rise) we'll take you up on your offer.

Thanks again
And

Back