nos indy c

painter09

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
dont you just love it when the lbs pulls a set of new old stock forks out of the store room :D this happend to me some 12 months ago when searching for a set of modern forks for my daughters giant acid and the owner pulled out a box with nos indy forks from 1996, as im on with a new build rock lobster i thought i would nip back to the shop today to see if they still had them, and yes they were still waiting :D still collecting dust and with my name on them ;) what i like best though is the box :LOL: cut it fold it and you have a trendy little sports car :D

Attachments

• rock shox indy c 006.JPG
    rock shox indy c 006.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 841
  • rock shox indy c 004.JPG
    rock shox indy c 004.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 841
  • rock shox indy c 002.JPG
    rock shox indy c 002.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 841
  • rock shox indy c 003.JPG
    rock shox indy c 003.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 841
Excellent score, silly question - if you have NOS forks that old can you just ride away on them or would they need stripped and things replaced ?

MADJEZ":1y56jhah said:
Excellent score, silly question - if you have NOS forks that old can you just ride away on them or would they need stripped and things replaced ?
im hoping to just ride them as they are springs and not elastomers wich im sure would be slightly dry by now, they seem to be working fine but may just add a bit of grease and oil to help them on their way. :D

I could be wrong, but weren't the blue and white Rock Shox OEM fitting to new bikes only?

My 1997 GT STS-2 came with blue and white Judy's as did the STS-1 and quite possibly other GT bikes, and I seem to remember the colour scheme being for original fitment only, with the models for general sale being other colours.

Not that it matters, just a thing that stuck in my mind.

I'll get me coat.

NeilM":1cg2g5yp said:
I could be wrong, but weren't the blue and white Rock Shox OEM fitting to new bikes only?

My 1997 GT STS-2 came with blue and white Judy's as did the STS-1 and quite possibly other GT bikes, and I seem to remember the colour scheme being for original fitment only, with the models for general sale being other colours.

Not that it matters, just a thing that stuck in my mind.

??????????????? OEM ? im not following :? are you saying there may be some difference in fitting possibly only fitting bikes they were intended for ? and not going to be any good on say the 97 rock lobster i have these in mind for ? i thought all 1.1/8 forks were interchangeable with other frames of 1.1/8 fitting.

sorry for some reason the quote option didnt work and pasted it as a continuation of your post hence all the ???? to seperate it :facepalm:

I'll get me coat.

I think neil means that being OEM they would have been supplied direct to a bike manufacturer for fitment to a bike. So in theory they would never get into a box and into the retail chain as a loose item.

Either way....... they're just 1 1/8 forks so no reason not to use them on your RL. Get it on :mrgreen:

Cool find by the way !

Back