Yorvik Adventure- two tribes 23/6/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to tell. As i've got the following week off some other guy may be taking it friday to cover me. I expect by noon friday i will have definitive answer on that issue.

I genuinely hate being in such a position. I should be wealthy and have 6 cars. 1. nissan skyline(any) 2. lotus esprit (any) 3. ferrari f40. 4. toyota supra mk4 (single turbo) 5. sensible shop car like a golf vr6. 6. mad max's v8 interceptor.

that's all i ask!

:LOL:

cheers.

So is anyone bothering swapping to slick tyres? I was going to bring my Timberline commuter but it seems a bit overkill with full mudguards and racks etc.
The Alpinestars will get an outing I think.

I'm still bringing a Marin - but it'll be the Team FRS - and yes I was considering sticking slickish tyres on for the completely stupid look!

On the subject of cars, I agree Mark, F40, Esprit HC and M3 CSL would tick my boxes!

TYRES....

slick or semi-slick would be ideal but anything made of rubber will do. I'm on knobblies myself as i know the route and can't see any major drawback to such a choice of tyre. I'ts all hard packed surface of either asphalt, concrete or tarmac. some cobbles down the shambles perhaps and, around the minster.

Showers, maybe heavy expected so, a water proof rolled up in the bag would be a good idea.

Food.

Being york, most places will be open on a sunday. The only place i know that is is....greggs sorry about that, but it's tasty cheap carbs etc and convenient for the ride. saying that, as we hole up in york centre anybody can grab food where they like, just let us know you've broke off the group to sit in betty's tea rooms ;)

I'm easy though. i can show you mc donalds, pret a manger, west cornwall pasty co, roadkill(if you like). Let's just see what our guts tell us on the day. Just don't buy all the vanilla slices knowing i'm behind you in the queue! I need 3.

:)

Looks like the weekends going to be just like last year, CTC will be quite glad the show is actually is cancelled.

I expect York, being York will be just like this main cycle path was last year ;-)
IMG_20120623_132726.jpg

Apart from showers(poss heavy) i reckon ctc will be sad they knocked the show off. Although it was down to lack of commercial input, strictly speaking.

Our route is well away from any flood risk areas. We will follow the ouse on the way back to the racecourse but the bank is 7 foot atleast. We can always seek refuge in cliffords tower, you can't get much higher up than that. ;)

FluffyChicken":3qc4hbzb said:
Looks like the weekends going to be just like last year, CTC will be quite glad the show is actually is cancelled.

I expect York, being York will be just like this main cycle path was last year ;-)
IMG_20120623_132726.jpg

I have two lifejackets,... which I won't be bringing! The show been cancelled will save my wallet, it is quite good news in a way.
See you all on Sunday.

Another of my lot is coming now Marc, Adam who will either be on a modern Giant hybrid or the Trek 7000 myself, Ben, Spudly and DanD built for him.

Am i allowed to join you on my cross bike as will be riding from my house? Its retro. honest. :oops: It has a campy euclid chainring and cannondale force 40 brake hanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back