It's hip to be square - Pace RC200F2 -

trek_y":2zk1i6km said:
Twister":2zk1i6km said:
I like these a lot. They're very clean looking. Lets see them on the frame. Go on, you know you want to.

PS. Notice the RC200F6 is now up for auction on Ebay along with a tidy F8 - are you bidding ? Go on, you know you want to. ;)

I flirted with the idea of buying the F6 frame, (now on sale here) and was tempted as I have most of what I'd need to finish it.

Then I saw this on Saturday evening.
null-9.jpg

I'll be starting a thread for her over in the modern section.

I saw that red F8 too and knew it wouldn't take long to sell. I would have been seriously tempted to have it myself as at £500 was a bargain, some nice parts on there. Thankfully it was the other side of the country, too big and not shiny enough for my magpie tendencies. Phew ! ;)
Will watch your build with interest.

"It's lovely and sunny outside so you should spend time in the garden!"
"OK dear ....." :cool:

Rebuilt my forks at last but not sure if there's a correct order for the elastomers ?
Went for a couple of the hard (red) ones at the top and bottom of the stack on each leg then the standard (yellow) in the middle. Liberally coated everything in RC7 grease and new circlips fitted. All seems well as the forks have a little sag and around 50mm travel now. They are so easy to service its a delight compared to modern air forks. :)
and here's where I'm at now with the build.

Couldn't resist Turbines in the end and so also fitted Raceface carbon bars to match - 580mm was wide back in the day but feels so narrow now - and the little Sakae stem I think looks good, shiny and square.
Wheels are XT M750 / Mavic 717 - I know it should be Hope but these are spare and all silver which was the plan - and IRC Mythos tyres.
Next thing is brakes and have a nice set of XT M770 V brakes spare with Avid SD1.9 levers but are these too modern ?

Looks ace, nah, I wouldn't worry too much about the brake levers, get it together and go for a ride, not long now mate :D

A small bit of progress over the weekend as bits and pieces have been found and received. Now have the brakes and controls sorted out in the shape of Kona Curve canti's and levers - really like these as look nicely angular and a bit different - good old XT thumbies, some silver angled bar ends and clear grips - like that you can see the RaceFace logos through them. Now have to decide on some interesting (?) cables, what do you reckon - white / silver / braided / some crazy fluoro colour or stick with black ?

I quite like the way this is going :D

Black cables can never look wrong, but if you want to experiment then maybe a silver braided look? or perhaps white (sure I've seen a white-braid effect cable somewhere too?).

Funny you should mention the bars, all my mates laugh at my "tiny " bars (I think they're 540mm?), they think they're designed for City use...apparently :roll: :LOL:

PS how does the seatpost work in the seat-tube?? Round-peg into square-hole?? :?

Thanks - I quite like it too and your F6 is a nice build as well.
I originally wanted to get as much silver on as I could but black has crept on here and there as dictated by the budget and things I have in the spares box so plain black cables could be the easy option but I would love to get some more like the little bit of silver metal outer which came with the frame as the front mech cable routing by the top of the seat tube - what is this ?

So used to 660mm risers these days - and even they're considered narrow - it feels like I've put a coat on that's 2 sizes too small !

Finding a square seatpost was never going to be easy. ;) The seatube has 4 curved inserts running down inside and you can see why Pace stopped doing it as must have been expensive to make and perhaps prone to failure but its the stand out feature I think on these early frames.

Latest posts

Back