Large Complete Road Bike

Tom91

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all,

A friend of mine is looking to get himself a road bike. He is 6'3" with 36" leg so I think he's looking for around 61,62,63cm size frame (might be slightly off with sizes there).

Only real specifics are it's a steel frame (preferably Reynolds 531), modern gear shifters, 175mm cranks.

His budget is flexible but around £400

Please feel free to get in touch if you have something or have seen something suitable. Open to any ideas.

Cheers guys,

Tom

Hi,

I have a large 24" framed Peugeot Chorus 753. The frame is in great condition with no dents or bent stays. The paintwork has some scratches from general use but overall I'd give it's condition 8/10.

The running gear is mostly 9 speed Shimano Ultegra with a newer Shimano Tiagra HollowTech crankset (175mm). The brake calipers are Campagnolo Veloce with hardly any wear on the blocks. It has a 1" quill stem (80mm) with some retro zoom drop bars (40cm wide).

The wheels are Shimano R500 and the tyres are Michelin Lithion 2s. The wheels are true and have seen very little use since I built it up last year.

If you think it may be of interest let me know and I will send some photos. I could always meet you half way between where I am (Malvern) and Bristol for a viewing/test ride.

Regards

Simon

Hello again

I have taken some photos but by the time I got home the light wasn't great. I will try to get home a bit earlier tomorrow and take some better shots.
In the mean time the attached should give you an idea of the how I have built the bike up.
The STi top caps are missing. I was in the process of replacing these but hadn't got round to doing it yet. The levers work perfectly however and cost around 11 pounds each from SJS cycles.

Regards

Simon

Attachments

• side 1#.JPG
    side 1#.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 143
  • side 2#.JPG
    side 2#.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 143
  • 3 qtrs#.JPG
    3 qtrs#.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 143