Cranks....

That is awesome, tell me what do you have on bikes?

Fenton":1049rrz2 said:
Show us the second box!..................please! :cool:
I will try to do that very soon. I'll keep updating this thread as I get a chance.

David Gibson":1049rrz2 said:
That Propeller is pretty boss...I thought about buying one when they were offered 7 years ago but thought they were too expensive. Now it's probably worth twice what I would have paid. Never heard of Technique before. Where were they made?
Actually if you had bought them they be worth alot less than you paid for them because most likely they would have broken. Technique was mainly a bmx company based in Phoenix Az.

TheRedMantra":1049rrz2 said:
Im curious how you managed to get ahold of those props. Did you buy them direct or secondhand?
Of the 3 sets I've had, 2 have come second hand and one came new. The new ones took over a year to get and several letters from a lawyer. It seems the guy that produced them took orders and deposits ($1000) from many people and then delivered cranks to only a small percentage of people before he disappeared. One set resides on a showbike, the set that got used broke, and these were ridden but not for very long.

kaiser":1049rrz2 said:
That is awesome, tell me what do you have on bikes?
I've got moderns with THM, Extralite, Tune and Kcnc. Of the older stuff, there is a Homegrown with Kookas, and a Trek with Topline and some older roadie stuff.

I'm still looking for more to complete the collection. If anyone has any of the following and would like to sell/trade them let me know.

La Creme
Sims
Profile Billet
Grove
Flite Control
Caramba
Tnt
Middleburn
Syncros alloy
Cooks Quality Products(CBR knockoff)

Anything you guys think I'm missing? I also have but have not yet pictured:
M2Racer
Ultimate
Bullseye
CBR
A few others that are slipping my mind right now.

mc":16e7t2cl said:
Anything you guys think I'm missing? I also have but have not yet pictured:
M2Racer
Ultimate
Bullseye
CBR
A few others that are slipping my mind right now.
That collections needs some titanium sweetwings, titanium onza cranks, and of course some magic motorcycle cranks (alex pong). I remember seeing a pic of machine tech cranks but I don't know if those were produced. And TRY to get some moonhead machine cranks.

cranks

I don't know if XLR8 was made by Clark Kent or not but here's a picture of it. And a Rhino crank.
I don't own these by the way.

Attachments

• rhinocrank.jpg
    rhinocrank.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,358
  • xlr8crank.jpg
    xlr8crank.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,358
another crank

Oh, here's another small american crank maker: Hurricane. They only made them for a couple of years. this is the Zeke.

Attachments

• hurricanezeke.jpg
    hurricanezeke.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,354
I'm riding a set of RooX cranks that I think you should consider adding to your list (not mine though, they are for riding!)

I always hankered after some Syncros Revolutions... I'll have to sate my appetite by merely looking at pictures though.

I've got a pair of Caramba Double Barrels, but there's a crack in the drive-side one. Hanging on to them to use as a novelty door handle/bog flush at some point...

Re: cranks

TheRedMantra":3tc11nhh said:
That collections needs some titanium sweetwings, titanium onza cranks, and of course some magic motorcycle cranks (alex pong). I remember seeing a pic of machine tech cranks but I don't know if those were produced. And TRY to get some moonhead machine cranks.
Thanks for the suggestions, they'll help to complete the collection well.
There are a couple ti cranks already, the propellers and the M2 are ti, and we're working on more from La Creme and Morati. I've never actually seen a set of Onza Ti. I'm friends with Craig who owned Sweet Parts, he tells me that only 3 sets of Ti Sweetwings were ever made, the location of 2 sets is unknown, but he is trying to get for us the one set that he does know the location of.

David Gibson":3tc11nhh said:
I don't know if XLR8 was made by Clark Kent or not but here's a picture of it. And a Rhino crank.
I don't own these by the way.
Thanks for adding a few sets to the list also. It's my understanding that the XLR8 cranks were made by Kooka. Unfortunately I lost track of time and never got my bid in for a set that came up for sale recently.

Back