For Sale KLEIN BOTTOM BRACKET TOOL SETS, NEW BATCH

Re: KLEIN BOTTOM BRACKET TOOL SETS, NEW, COMPLETE.

magas":241wgc76 said:
btw. the blue hose, is it one from a SAMCO induction kit :)

Thanks, it is the same material, silicon hose from a hydraulic hose supplier.

I have a 1994 Klein Pinnacle. I need to purchase a bottom bracket kit (with tools) to restore my bike. Where can I purchase a kit? I live in Sweden. Thanks in advance.

Keith

Ash,

Before I send the funds for the bottom bracket kit for my 1994 Klein Pinnacle I need another questioned answered. I am working with some bike mechanic friends to rebuild my bike including upgrading my group set to a modern Shimano XT system. I talked with them today and they wanted to know how we might be able to put a new (not square) XT crankset (10 speed)? They have never worked with these old Kleins and their special pressed in bottom brackets.

I am guessing that if I buy the kit as it is I will still have the dilemma of how to use a new Shimano XT crank as it is not square. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Keith

You would need an adaptor made to use HT2 (is that what it's called?) bearings with a Klein BB shell.
What are the internal measurements and length of the Klein BB shell?

Any idea where I can find an adapter kit to allow me to use a modern Shimano XT crank set on a restored Klein 1994 Pinnacle pressed-in bottom bracket?
Keith

I don't, not something I would chose to do, can anyone else help here?

keithwlarson":2jower0n said:
Any idea where I can find an adapter kit to allow me to use a modern Shimano XT crank set on a restored Klein 1994 Pinnacle pressed-in bottom bracket?
Keith

I don't think you will, you'd have to get one made.

Reset racing used to do an adaptor to run a shimano octalink chainset. Not cheap though. It might be worth speaking to BETD, they can often knock up quirky threaded sleeves etc.

Latest posts

Back