Help,please...bottom bracket size for a 1994(?) Bear Valley?

mullinino

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey,experts....got this tiny frame off the worlds most popular online auction site,haven't received it yet but am told it has a splined xt bb which is no good to me as the £30 '93 Fire Mountain I'm transferring parts from has a square taper crankset-would like to go get a new bb from the worlds most popular online bike parts store before the BV arrives,so can any of you good people tell me what size of bottom bracket I need to buy please? Bikepedia aint too awake on the matter.... also,is it a '94? 90% sure it is....

ta,p.

Attachments

• MBV 1994.JPG
    MBV 1994.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 270
Re: Help,please...bottom bracket size for a 1994(?) Bear Val

What crankset are you fitting? This will determine the BB spindle length. If you're fitting a triple chainset then it's likely to be between 110mm and 122.5mm.

The shell width however will be 68mm for that frame.

Thanks,that man! Cranks are stamped FC-AT10-X and the back of the smallest chainring is pretty flush with where the square bb hole ends....I'm gonna guess about a standard 68x113 should be grand then?

thanks again,p.

As Paul says, the BB is specific to the cranks you're using rather than the frame. If the Fire Mt's BB is still ok, that will work as both frames have a 68mm shell. Or just measure the axle length of the Fire's bb and order the same.
Age wise, that is a 93 or 94, they all looked very similar back then.......I wouldn't know how to tell the diffs. And little frame? :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:

"Or just measure the axle length of the Fire's bb and order the same."

of course! sleeping here,that would make sense,cheers man! there's a tiny amount of play in it and as I am planning big mileage on the Big Bike I need a new one....big tas lads,p.

Back