The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pick up my pre 1997 ride at 4pm. Is that better?Not sure how much I will be paying but I know it will be £25 or less. I shall post a picture of it when I get home. Sleeping face down tonight. Mrs HM will not be impressed. :facepalm:

Can you guess what i've got this time? Based on past form? Closest gets a prize! You have until about 5.30pm.

i am home. Seat post was stuck but now isn't. Front QR skewer bolt had fused to shaft so had to be cut off with a dremel. Skewer just about OK just need a bolt. (shimano skewer) Chain had become a structural part of the rear frame. Cables solid.

Other than that and a couple of tyres/ tubes all good!!!!!!!!!!

It cost me the full £25 so will be scavenging parts. Will an 8 speed chain fit on a 7 speed cassette? or do I need a 7 speed one?

Want to see it before I broke it down? It is lovely. :facepalm:

Got some pictures sorted. Drum Roll....................... 1995 Marin Bear Valley SE 21"?

How do I clean up the oxidised brake levers?

Has anybody got a skewer bolt or a skewer that they could donate?

Not sure if the tyres and tubes will be ok but will steal the ones from the giant for the day and then plan to make this up as my road bike with slicks! (good idea?)

Did I do good? £25 no change.

Attachments

• R0010341 web.JPG
    R0010341 web.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 494
  • bars web.JPG
    bars web.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 494
  • marin arrival1 web.jpg
    marin arrival1 web.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 494
got an 8 speed one in shed that should be ok?

Should the allen head for the quill stem be inset a couple of inches? Good design for catching water and rusting solid!

Pukka stuff I'd say.

A Dremel with a rotary wire brush will get the oxide off. It may well take some of the paint with it though. Also, wear a dust mask, as aluminium oxide powder can really get up your nose.

I've got a bundle of rough old bits of skewer, I'll throw them in a bag and bring them with me.

NeilM":2iriuukn said:
I've got a bundle of rough old bits of skewer, I'll throw them in a bag and bring them with me.
Would you be able to post me something? Happy to pay. Just want to build it up ASAP Excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back