Honc 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we supposed to do with the gpx file? I loaded it onto strava so I can see the route, but will strava help you to follow it?

the gpx file is for garmin units and the like.

If you have an android phone you might be able to add it into an app like GPSIES (this is what I have done). you could probably add it to My Google Maps too, and view it from there. No turn by turn based navigation though, that I'm aware of

My Final update for the Route

Just got back in from recce the 2nd 50k of the 100k route , I would say the organisers have gone safe with the recent wet/snow conditions , I scooted around following sections where I could and all I found was lanes and very hard packed trails that rain will make very little difference too. The first half is very similar with only one section I think will be a bastard and surprised they havent bypast it . basically a bridal that follows the side of a field thats been battered by horses then a rocky decent and was unrideable when I last tried 3 weeks ago.

Of course there could still be boggy sections but I wouldnt be fitting mud tyres with what I have looked out

Still no rain in the Cotswolds either but the clouds are gathering :?

BobCatMax":34uowfl1 said:
the gpx file is for garmin units and the like.

If you have an android phone you might be able to add it into an app like GPSIES (this is what I have done). you could probably add it to My Google Maps too, and view it from there. No turn by turn based navigation though, that I'm aware of

Ok, thanks. I usually use endomondo on my iphone, and that can pick up other peoples routes for you to follow so it might be on there already, but it doesnt navigate for you. I'll just follow everyone else then!

Is the 100k twice round the 50? Not doing it but curious as I live in winchcombe. Going up to the Start pick up some tyres from the very generous theredchilli for my £25 FOD ride. Saw the 50 map. The climb from hailes will be criminal.

The History Man":17y8kv6b said:
Is the 100k twice round the 50? Not doing it but curious as I live in winchcombe. Going up to the Start pick up some tyres from the very generous theredchilli for my £25 FOD ride. Saw the 50 map. The climb from hailes will be criminal.

The 100k is a extension of the 50k with a few loops going off it then meeting back up again. So all start and finish together

Just noticed on the new amendments considering we are due more rain they have changed into the route in one area to what was a complete mud/shit fight last time I did it instead of the nice bypass they had in original route :facepalm: weird move but nevermind

daj":1qcpl3me said:
My Final update for the Route
The first half is very similar with only one section I think will be a bastard and surprised they havent bypast it . basically a bridal that follows the side of a field thats been battered by horses then a rocky decent and was unrideable when I last tried 3 weeks ago. :?

Where was this section, and is it in the 50 or the 100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back