The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The History Man":2bm5m3cn said:
I think I'm slightly worried about points deduction as the bike I bought is probably 2007! I was thinking of value and reliability and forgot that the retro bit was the point. :facepalm:

Thought it was older and didn't notice the disc brakes as the pic was tiny.

Anyway, it was a bargain. And works. Still trying to scrounge tyres. :cry:

I have a set of tyres you can have, nothing special but plenty of grip, not cracked etc- can bring them to the Honc sunday as your local.

You sir, are a gentleman. Can meet at the school at 8.30ish? How will I know you? Red carnation and a copy of the guardian under your arm etc?

I am a burly bearded bespectacled bloke (alliteration) and will ride up on my £25 worth!

spike3":1kck4rcv said:
Ok, well browsing ebay at 1:45am has resulted in me spending a massive £13.49 on a classic 91ish lump of steel, I've got 21 gears and a (probably seized) front suspension fork. :)

Is that seat post meant to be that colour :LOL: check out the fork angle ;)

The History Man":n6hsfzot said:
spike3":n6hsfzot said:
Ok, well browsing ebay at 1:45am has resulted in me spending a massive £13.49 on a classic 91ish lump of steel, I've got 21 gears and a (probably seized) front suspension fork. :)

I see you've discovered my steed, that is a period brown seat post colour. Must weigh at least 18kg, tempted to spend the remaining £11.51 on a second hand set of aluminium cranks should take a couple of KG's off. :LOL:

spike3":4xl294dq said:
The History Man":4xl294dq said:
spike3":4xl294dq said:

I see you've discovered my steed, that is a period brown seat post colour. Must weigh at least 18kg, tempted to spend the remaining £11.51 on a second hand set of aluminium cranks should take a couple of KG's off. :LOL:

I'll show you mine now i've seen yours.......if you want? (very school playground)

oo go n what have you got for £25, I reckon mine must be at the cheaper end of what everyone's buying

Oops not very retro but for 25 quid!!!!!!! Theredchilli is giving me tyres for cake.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 718
Had a bike hut seat plus this one. As posted tyres are shocking/ scary! Been cleaned and sorted for pic. Seller said gears u/s but mech had been bent.

That is a mega-bargain.

Unfortunately, as the rest of us are going to be riding ancient bikes that weight the same as a decent anvil, you are going to have to tow a large rock behind the bike, at least on the climbs anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back