The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

Tons of speakers available and none of that 'technology' baloney to worry about either. You canna change the laws of physics jim...

£79 UK posted

file.php

£29 UK posted

file.php

£29 UK posted

file.php

£89 UK posted

file.php

Found the schematics for the SU-V6. Nice bit of kit with some nice design touches. Looks like it measures pretty well for its day.

If I can sell one of my Rega 3's, I'll have that Technics. It just keeps looking at me...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

apache":2ez8ie3u said:
Decided to put my original Rega Planar 3 on eBay - see if I can raise the cash for that lovely Technics.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161001490092? ... 1586.l2649

and very nice it looks too :cool:
just the sort of thing I'll be after when I finally convert the nursery into my Den/Study/Oasis of Calm ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I had a Rega 2 and 3 (with the more modern arm) i thought they were dull to be honest. I ended up getting a Systemdek with Linn Akito arm and a decent cart and it was just the sound i was looking for........shocking how much old turntables go for now, even old Ariston Qdecks

Especially when you finally realise that, sadly, despite the hype and hyperbole, vinyl cannot compete with CD for actual sound quality, as in source material unchanged.

I have been desperately trying to get vinyl to work, as I remember it being so good. However, my (admittedly much modified but not quite finished) CD67 just pees all over it on challenging recordings. To be honest, I was gutted, but I suppose didn't surprise me. If you compare the technical specifications of the two there really is no comparison. Vinyl, like valve amps might sound 'nice', but it just doesn't do accuracy like CD does.

Keeping hold of my modified Planar though, as I feel I owe vinyl a chance, and have some ideas...

My initial probs with vinyl was spending on the decks and arms and not the carts.........i guess like having a great cd transport but a cheap dac chip.........so when i started slashing on carts it got very good indeed.........but without trialing them it's bloody expensive matching a cart to an arm and deck...

Back