Marzocchi Bomber Z3.5 - 100mm Travel - SOLD

lrh

Senior Retro Guru
SOLD for asking price

Steerer = 1 1/8" 200mm
Axle-To-Crown = 480mm

I "accidentally" won these a few months ago when desperate to find some long steerer forks. Only when they arrived did I figure out what year and model they were: Z3.5 from the 2000 model year. I think they were exclusive to the Specialized P.3 downhill bike that year and they're basically a long-travel Z3 with coil spring/oil damping. As a result they were too long/heavy for my needs so I've tidied them up to pass on.

Overall condition is good but the lowers had a fair few chips and scratches, more from storage than heavy use. I've touched up most of these so they don't stand out. The crown and brace were badly corroded and pitted but after hours of polishing they look tidy. As ever, the pics below are slightly flattering to the condition.

Stanchions have a few small chips but no wear. I'm no expert on oil forks so I haven't attempted to service them. Oil/seals are likely original and past their best, however there were no leaks when I received them all the way from Jersey. They compress smoothly with a bit of squirting/gurgling noise (not sure how normal that is).

Note the steerer/stanchions are pressed into the crown so not swappable but I think there's a fair bit of compatibility with other pre-2000 Bomber internals/lowers. The technical manual gives an exploded diagram and measurements: http://my-sport.spb.ru/manual_1/2000 z3.5.pdf

Only after roughly what I paid, £35 posted via PayPal gift. Sorry no swaps.

marzocchibomberz351.jpg

marzocchibomberz353.jpg

marzocchibomberz354.jpg

Back