CONTI GRAND PRIX / ATTACK TWIN TYRE SET *SOLD*

Re: CONTI GRAND PRIX / ATTACK TWIN TYRE SET *NEW*

ScillySuffolk":aoily44f said:
Wingmanrob":aoily44f said:
Well did you stop and think about the effect of your post?
And did you? The only reason you've come across as a "plonker" is because of your thoroughly nasty over-reaction.

Just because you paid more than you needed to, doesn't mean you have the right to pass on your mistake to someone else.

Being a forum sale, there is an expectation that items are offered at a reasonable price to other like-minded members of the community.

By stating that you will now sell them on Ebay, you tacitly acknowledge the difference between forum classifieds and Ebay.

Pauldesjour comes out of this in good standing, on account of the measured way he has dealt with your unwarranted and petulant attack.

Jesus, I wish this thread would just disappear.

'Unwarranted' are you for real?

Look, If I was looking to buy a set of these tyres, I'd be shaking Pauldesjour's hand, but I'm not, I'm trying to sell them.

Checking google shopping these tyres go for between £56 and £84 and on average around the £67 mark. Even on ebay they sell for that figure. So why on earth would I be happy for someone to post a link to a place in Germany that sells them for £40. I mean seriously, I dont understand how you think I'd be anything other than pissed off about it. Anyone who saw the thread would of course buy the tyres from the German site if they were looking to buy some of those tyres. I know I would. My thread was ruined. Unless of course I wanted to then reduce the price even further to undercut the German site and quite frankly I'm not prepared to do that. I'll now either stick them on ebay for £50 or just keep hold of them in vain hope of losing some lard so I dont feel every bump in the road.

£50 was not a bad price to sell them for.

My only crime was to perhaps overstep the mark in my initial response and drop the f-bomb which I've now removed. Other than that, yes I'm still pissed off about him posting his comment, but I do accept it was an error and that he's new to the site.

Just ask yourself how you'd feel if you were selling something and someone posted a link to a place where you could buy exactly the same thing for cheaper. It's fustrating to say the least.

Not to be rude, but I think most people would shop around a bit more to get a lower price.

Pauldesjour was apologetic and, as the man above says, has come out of this looking better than you, even though he should have perhaps PM'd you rather than derailing the thread. What he did was perhaps silly, but your reaction was unwarranted.

Let's all move on, anyway.

OK, so clearly I'm the bad guy here,

So in future, how should I have reacted?

Thanked Pauldesjous for highlighting they can be purchased in Germany cheaper, and then reduced my price down to £40?

I think your indignation was justified, but attacking someone on the internet always makes you look silly (god knows I've done it).

Personally, I would have just PM'd him and asked him to remove/edit his post as it's going to lose me money.

ForestHill":2cm483fy said:
I think your indignation was justified, but attacking someone on the internet always makes you look silly (god knows I've done it).

Personally, I would have just PM'd him and asked him to remove/edit his post as it's going to lose me money.

Damn, see the simpliest things are often the things you dont think of. I knew my thread couldn't be deleted, but I didn't think to ask him to delete his. Bugger. Thanks for the advice, I'll store that one for future.

Look everyone. Leave the guy alone. I screwed up a bit but no is dead. No malice was intended and I understand why he is frustrated. The trouble with the world today is that people are too quick to be nasty and take a fighting stance instead of talking and trying to understand each other. I will delete it if you want but I think if I leave it up hopefully no one will make the same mistake that I did.

Interesting post, and very similar to a few i have seen on other forums - lfgss is one to note. I actually think i have seen a post exactly the same - where the cheaper place was that German site. On occasions where an item is posted for a price which is a little high (item can be bought new cheaper elsewhere), it seems normal for the seller to adjust their price accordingly. To me, this would always be a difficult thing to do, bite the bullet and forget about it!!! I have a similar problem with 2 frames and i am considering what to do with them, i paid a little too much but i don't need them.

I should say, if i got a PM about a high price, i might be just as annoyed as if i had it in a thread - and i think that the thread option means that potential buyers see how you deal with the query and might be more inclined to buy. Imagine if i PMed you now and said - TOO DEAR - I CAN GET THEM ON CRC FOR £1. I expect you would not be happy, neither would i - so on here it is in the open and credible. Might not meet the rules but it is above board.

Consider this a free bump - you have done the 'right thing' and should be credited for that but please avoid abusing people who are just making a point - look at lfgss and see some reactions there; we are more mild mannered but we still have a few sharp teeth left!!

Um, I just re-read the thread - did you adjust the price? I may have missed it. A quick example - i bought a used DA front mech on ebay for £23 and i thought it was a good deal - 2 days later i saw a NOS mech for sale in a shop for £12 - whose fault? MINE!!! You get over it and the annoying thing is, i see these mechs sell often for more than £12 on ebay!!!!!

Good luck with the sale, and being realistic, is it not better to sell here than ebay - unless, i suppose, you get a mad person paying waaaaaaaaaaaay over the odds for your item.

Richard

p.s. would you take a cheeky offer of £3.65 posted for them <<<<that is a joke - nothing more!!! :D

Thanks, I've managed to sell them, took a hit on the price and got 40 so I'm satisfied considering everything that's happened. Hopefully this thread can now bury itself :)

At the end of the day, you live and learn, good to hear you got them sold.

Richard

Back