GT Tequesta 1991 (edited from 1992)

looks even better! the flite and the DX crankset look really good on it. this is one of the nicest tequestas going around here on RB i reckon. its been well cared for, that is for sure

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated.

I am impressed by the durability of the components (apart from the cheapo GT steel handlebars) - they have lasted pretty well considering their age and responded well to stripping down and a clean up. I did consider re-fitting the Onza bar ends, Klingon amberwalls and Turbo Gel saddle but the bar ends were too far gone with rust pitting, the tyres were awful to ride on 20 years ago and the Turbo Gel saddle is just plain ugly in my opinion. The choice of saddles at the LBS seemed really limited in the old days and my butt hated the stock GT one, so it was a bit of an impulse buy at the time to go for the Turbo Gel.

I also wasn't tempted to refit the GT toe clips & straps (my 5 Ten shoes don't work well with them) or the original 400 Exage black crankset - it weighs a ton and used to flex alarmingly when I put the hammer down.

Back