Peugeot PY10FC...

531 pro

rBotM Winner
The latest creation:

IMG_01721_zpsf1520ca2.jpg

Is it really an ultra rare Peugeot PY10FC though? Carbon de Fibre or Pipe du Gaz??

Actually, it's a rescued Raleigh Dyna Tech frame which the previous owner had carbon wrapped. I've rattle canned the rest to look like a Vitus/PY10FC, built it up with random spare components, and adorned the whole fraudulent effort with some period Peugeot transfers. Pure sacrilege! :oops:

But I don't care. All my pals in the cycle club are appalled by my old steel Peugeot's and keep telling me to get something with a carbon frame: well, I've taken them at their word and I think they're gonna love it! :LOL: It's mission next season, powered by a combination of spite and mid-life crises, is to claim some modern carbon scalps. It's going to be fun, especially as i've only got '12 vitesses' operated by down tube levers. Stay tuned to see how it fares in the season opener: a two up time trial next Sunday!

your Peugeot addiction is really starting to take hold :D must admit i was almost fooled, and needed a second look. Where did you get the decal set? could do with a few sets for restorations, but the going rate is around £35 a set. Someone must be able to supply them for less?

Nice job but I'll be honest and say that I thought it was a Dyna Tech as soon as the picture started to slowly load and before the Peugeot decals were visible (I viewed it on an old clunky laptop so the image took several seconds to appear)...the lug work and the bolted effect on the top of the seat stay were what got my Spidey Sense tingling...

Let us know if you are able to show up the modern kit. I hope to do the Jurassic Beast Sportive on my Dyna Tech in May, I fully expect to get left behind by plenty of carbon and alloy but I'm sure there will be a few that my old steel contraption will conquer!

Martin

First TT in 22 years. Looking at the machinery everyone else had I see things have changed quite a bit, and it's a brave man who turns up on a Peugeot Racing Team replica! Nevertheless, the PY10FC-lookey likey acquited itself rather well: 25:15. It's true to say that 14 (presumably) modern carbon bikes finished behind this retro abomination but then again my teammate is much faster than me and I was on the point of cardiac arrest trying to stay on his (carbon) wheel. I'll keep working on my moral victories...

Anyway, here's the money shot. Retro in action!

DSC_0078_zpsfd1f6b00.jpg

Its a great result, at first glance I was fooled....I envy your perseverance!

Would look great with an old skool rear disc!

It looks fabulous - I thought "Peugeot-badged Vitus", don't see many of those, even here in France. But far less likely to see a Peugeot-badged Dyna-Tech... :shock: Congrats for the result and probably provoking some angst among the "modern" bike owners....

Jesus its a good job you haven't put that picture up on the CTC Forum!
You would be right ribbed for being in that position on the road...lol

Like the 'fake' Pug by the way! I saw a 'fake' Colnago not long back and was well impressed :shock:

Wow, look at me!

37.4 mph on the Raleigh Dyn - sorry - Peugeot Racing Team. Hang on a minute though, what's this?

Maybe it was a reaction to having Peugeot decals stuck on a Dyna Tech frame? Maybe its my incredible weight? Farewell PY10FC, it was nice knowing you.

Still, with every cloud comes an ebay related silver lining in the form of a 1990 Peugeot 653 Athena frameset:

What do you reckon: modern Campag Athena? Be rude not to wouldn't it...

Back