The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

99% of the time, just ignore the 5.1 analog out from a $10 build DVD player - it will never be as good as the processing inside a dedicated amplifier/ processor.

A stupid option left over from the What Hifi years (SACD etc blah blah blah DONT CARE!)

legrandefromage":h2ymb0tp said:
Lots of amplifiers for sale btw, I'll list them later.

Anything small, cheap and not too loud?

My son's been using one of my (Chinese) valve amps on his computer and it's just gone POP. I'll do surgery on it at some point, but in the meantime he needs something for his music, films and games, and despite earning a good living, he's always broke (too many bikes...that's my boy!).

NeilM":27i14q1a said:
legrandefromage":27i14q1a said:

My son's been using one of my (Chinese) valve amps on his computer and it's just gone POP. I'll do surgery on it at some point, but in the meantime he needs something for his music, films and games, and despite earning a good living, he's always broke (too many bikes...that's my boy!).

Good lad, sounds like you've brought him up proper! :cool:

elPedro666":3uje0sak said:
NeilM":3uje0sak said:
legrandefromage":3uje0sak said:

Good lad, sounds like you've brought him up proper! :cool:

He doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink, he doesn't do drugs, he opinionated, argumentative, as fit as a flea and is obsessed with cycling.

Makes ya proud and brings a tear to the eye, don't it?

Right - web based pics for a start, all equipment offered for sale is usually in good cosmetic condition unless described otherwise

First up - 'proper' Japanese amplification gem from the golden years of 1977 to 1980

Technics SU-V6

70w x2 into 8 Ohms

£80 GBP UK posted

technicssuv6.jpg

su-v6(1).JPG

http://audio-database.com/TechnicsPanas ... -v6-e.html

Technics SU-V505

60w x2 into 8 Ohms

3211-SU-V505.jpg

£49 GBP UK posted

Kenwood KA 56

75w into 4 Ohms (about 35 into 8 Ohms)