1990-1991 531 Peugeot Optimum 57cm amazing condition - SOLD

cyclinggardener

Retro Guru
57 cm frame Reynolds 531 tubing - Frame and Forks - Totally Original

I'm pretty sure everything on bike including tyres, brake blocks and bar tape are original.

Shimano RX 100 14 speed groupset throughout.

Paintwork is really good, see photos.

Runs perfectly and brakes are as good as my modern road bike. There's loads of tread on the tyres though they are cracking in places. Saddle is original Selle Italia with Gel Technology and leather covering.

Wheels Mavic 192 NE rims (hardly any wear - see photo) with RX 100 hubs in lovely condition.

I bought this recently but sadly it's too big for me.

I've given it a good clean and service; headset, bottom bracket, hubs all smooth and free with no play.

I'll replace the original bar tape with new cork tape for £10 if you want.

I'll replace the gear cables if you like too (no charge). The cables on there are a bit oxidised but work just fine. If it ain't broke...

Oh nearly forgot, oldschool Cateye Vecrta computer included. I've put a new battery in and it appears to work fine, I've not bothered getting the instructions though which I'm sure you can get online.

The pedals pictured are brand new Wellgo's which are included. The original aero Shimano PD 540's (great condition, no toe clips) are available instead if you'd prefer.

£250 - SOLD

Collection from Brighton preferred
£30 for UK shipping
No international shipping, sorry.

Attachments

• drive-side.jpg
    drive-side.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 2,431
  • drive-train.jpg
    drive-train.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 2,430
  • 531-sticker.jpg
    531-sticker.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,431
  • front-end.jpg
    front-end.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 2,431
  • head-tube.jpg
    head-tube.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 2,431
  • mavic-192-ne-rim.jpg
    mavic-192-ne-rim.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 2,431
  • non-drive.jpg
    non-drive.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 2,430
  • non-drive-front-end.jpg
    non-drive-front-end.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 2,430
I love the colour on this, very beautiful -to my eye at least.

Out of my budget, I'm afraid but none the less, good luck with the sale!.

I have a friend in Berlin who has very similar set up, certainly same frame set and groupset. Have to say it ran beautifully, if I had a spare £250 I'd happily take it off you. Good Luck selling it.

I've recently spent around 20 hours cleaning and servicing one of these for a friend... I wanted to buy it afterwards! A lovely machine, and they ride exceptionally well.
What can you get new for that kind of money? Nothing remotely comparable, that's for sure!

Back