1988 Koga-Miyata RidgeRunner

Elev12k":iok1vcz3 said:
In 1990 Greg Herbold piloted a Miyata US RidgeRunner with RS-1 to the downhill world title. That later RidgeRunner had a shorter tail and cantilever brakes. The equivilent Koga-Miyata bike was the 1989 RidgeRunner model with the distinctive yellow leopard paintscheme. This was the last steel Koga RidgeRunner.

GregH.jpg

Thanks for infos ...never seen one with a suspension fork. I always thought they were never suspension corrected.

That will be one of the very first suspension forks, so it predates 'suspension corrected geometry'.

1988 RidgeRunner with early radical fork in ski lift:

89RRskilift.jpg

I am pretty sure this is Gerrit Gaastra's bike. He is member of the familly behind Batavus and later Koga-Miyata. In the early 90s Koga was sold to Atag Holding. Nowadays it is part of the Accell Group - Europe's largest bicylce manufacturer. Gerrit Gaastra initiated idworx.

Gaastra had a column in Holland's 1st MTB mag: AllTerrainBike Magazine. From Canada, where he lived in the late 80s, he wrote about the latest MTB innovations. I wouldn't be surprised if the ties explain why the early 90s Koga mountainbikes (and even roadbikes to some extent) came specced with Syncros everything.

Elev12k":37b4kbzo said:
...explain why the early 90s Koga mountainbikes (and even roadbikes to some extent) came specced with Syncros everything.

Roadbike with Syncros:

92FullProTi-1_zpsa433a4c9.jpg

1992 FullPro-Titanium with Syncros cranks, BB, stem and post. A trained eye can spot the Ringle TiStix.

i have a koga miyata ridge runner in excellent original condition. does anybody know how much that bike is worth now?

Back