2012 Twizzer Aftermath. 'The Browning Version'

Rampage":fyaack37 said:
Washed my bike yesterday and it has sustained more damage on one ride than it has in 16 years!
Suspension pivot has come loose, both cranks are down to bare metal, rear ceramic rim has suffered a lot, decals on top tube are rubbed off.
It was fun though :)

the cannock mud is notorious for it, really sandy and it goes through brakes like you wouldnt believe!..... :D

slmracing":3o29phtq said:
Looks like I missed a good day out, however we had a great ride around Dalby the day after :D

Thinking of 2013 would a 1997 Marin bobcat trail with v brakes be classed as retro, it does have some 1999, shimano 9 speed parts as well, I know 97 is generally the cut of point, would this change over the years ?

A 1997 bike is ok. Post 1997 parts may encourage general tutting and comments like "it's a shame" or similar. 1997 date doesn't, and probably won't ever, change.

Seriously though, just come along, you'll have a great time, I guarantee it. Especially if Andy comes along for his first half of the ride to show off his new NOS Klein he's ruined..... ;-)

Rob Atkin":1yz3ti1g said:
slmracing":1yz3ti1g said:
Looks like I missed a good day out, however we had a great ride around Dalby the day after :D

Thinking of 2013 would a 1997 Marin bobcat trail with v brakes be classed as retro, it does have some 1999, shimano 9 speed parts as well, I know 97 is generally the cut of point, would this change over the years ?

A 1997 bike is ok. Post 1997 parts may encourage general tutting and comments like "it's a shame" or similar. 1997 date doesn't, and probably won't ever, change.

Seriously though, just come along, you'll have a great time, I guarantee it. Especially if Andy comes along for his first half of the ride to show off his new NOS Klein he's ruined..... ;-)

Oh rob i will have to teach you yet again. I completed the whole day at cannock so that is a defo big up to me and also that just proves my point i should have got spirit of the ride due to this being the case.

regarding the Kleins, if you read my topic at the end you will see they are back in pristine condition and i will be selling them on ebay BIN price $30,000 lol. Does know one read my topic's.

Thanks andy

In all honesty Andy I am always gutted when you're not on a ride...... missed you in the Peaks especially.......

Back