The most beautiful brakes ever?

I think these are wonderful, simply because they look the cats whiskers. Got a pair sat in a box, why - because I can't get them to operate with sufficient power to make them safe out on the road. also got a 1st gen dura ace rear mech with the 'ladder' ratchet - stunning design but hugely fiddly and not that great in operation.

First gen Shimano are my choice :)

What do you mean Finney about the rear mech? Just not sure as I was working in a bike shop when they came out.

Shaun

Midlife":3u8n86k6 said:
First gen Shimano are my choice :)

What do you mean Finney about the rear mech? Just not sure as I was working in a bike shop when they came out.

Shaun

operation isn't that great going back up the gears from 6th to 1st, ok when dropping the other way though - just my observation. the ratchet ladder is a bit sticky? if you know of any tips to make it run smooth in both directions then i'm all ears. does look the business though.

and if anyone knows a surefire way of getting the 600 delta calipers to work without having to employ prayers & voodoo then perhaps start a thread with a guide - that I would be very interested in...

Attachments

• IMAG0164.jpg
    IMAG0164.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMAG0163.jpg
    IMAG0163.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 218
Re: Brakes

pullingteeth":2d14y8qi said:
Chorus monoplaner , prettiest ever

Having just landed a pair of minty 2nd Gen Chorus, I'm inclined to agree...

Photo0422_zpsabe214c6.jpg

I love AX stuff, I have 600 brakes and would love those DA one too, although not a great deal of difference between them.

On the off chance, if anyone has hoods for either I would be very interested in purchasing them.

Festive regards,

Richard

Back