What's up in the UK?

Shouting the odds out an embassy window where he'e hiding will not engender many positive thoughts towards the guy from many brits or other europeans. He needs to stand up and take on his accusers or he will get little sympathy.

velomaniac":1ax5vow6 said:
Shouting the odds out an embassy window where he'e hiding will not engender many positive thoughts towards the guy from many brits or other europeans. He needs to stand up and take on his accusers or he will get little sympathy.

This is unfortunately true, but it is only so because the majority of people are blissfully ignorant when it comes to these allegations. Most will just read a headline such as 'Assange accused of rape' and in their minds think he is guilty. Plus he fears extradition to the USA, maybe rightfully so.

Bram J":obng384s said:
velomaniac":obng384s said:

This is unfortunately true, but it is only so because the majority of people are blissfully ignorant when it comes to these allegations. Most will just read a headline such as 'Assange accused of rape' and in their minds think he is guilty. Plus he fears extradition to the USA, maybe rightfully so.

You are underestimating the British people.

There have been a great number of articles detailing the allegations from various viewpoints, and the British people tend to view most media output with a healthy degree of skepticism; that includes Assange's propaganda machine.

He is safe and well for Christmas, so perhaps it is time to put the feet up and burn some more dossiers on the fire.

Merry Christmas.

a man is judged not by what hey says but what he does...in this case lets other punt up 10000s in bail money and then runs to the nearest embassy when things get tough leaving them in the lurch to cover the costs without so much as an apology.thats the kind of man he is.

Bram J":2chec0sf said:
highlandsflyer":2chec0sf said:

I was not talking about the British in particular. :)

Really???

What's up in the UK?

I wasn't expecting this to be big news in the UK at all.

You Brits did great. Thanks for being so overly sensitive.

Now instead of randomly posting a thread on a UK based website, addressing the British populous directly, (as you clearly intended from your own words), in a rather patronizing manner, (as if we somehow have less grip on reality than, say, the people of Belgium), why don't you explain your point of view in detail?

I am interested in how you arrived at the following conclusions as you have stated them. Perhaps you could explain exactly what you mean, and how you arrived at your summation?

2) Assange is subject to character assassination.
3) The allegations are completely ridiculous.

highlandsflyer":2ivrlfbz said:
Bram J":2ivrlfbz said:
highlandsflyer":2ivrlfbz said:

I was not talking about the British in particular. :)

Really???

What's up in the UK?

I wasn't expecting this to be big news in the UK at all.

You Brits did great. Thanks for being so overly sensitive.

Now instead of randomly posting a thread on a UK based website, addressing the British populous directly, (as you clearly intended from your own words), in a rather patronizing manner, (as if we somehow have less grip on reality than, say, the people of Belgium), why don't you explain your point of view in detail?

I am interested in how you arrived at the following conclusions as you have stated them. Perhaps you could explain exactly what you mean, and how you arrived at your summation?

2) Assange is subject to character assassination.
3) The allegations are completely ridiculous.

"This is unfortunately true, but it is only so because the majority of people are blissfully ignorant when it comes to these allegations. Most will just read a headline such as 'Assange accused of rape' and in their minds think he is guilty. Plus he fears extradition to the USA, maybe rightfully so."

In this particular statement I wasn't referring to the British in particular.
Does that settle it? You poor underestimated Brit. ;)
As it is said on the internets: U mad bro?

gibbleking":1qp7n7e5 said:
a man is judged not by what hey says but what he does...in this case lets other punt up 10000s in bail money and then runs to the nearest embassy when things get tough leaving them in the lurch to cover the costs without so much as an apology.thats the kind of man he is.
I don't think he was bailed out by particularly poor people iirc. They were probably fully aware of the risks involved.

Bram J":37f6y19l said:
"This is unfortunately true, but it is only so because the majority of people are blissfully ignorant when it comes to these allegations. Most will just read a headline such as 'Assange accused of rape' and in their minds think he is guilty. Plus he fears extradition to the USA, maybe rightfully so."

In this particular statement I wasn't referring to the British in particular.
Does that settle it? You poor underestimated Brit. ;)

I was, however, referring to the British people, and your whole gist is that you somehow have a deeper understanding of matters than others.

You have produced no enlightenment and no explanation for your stance.

Rather like your hero, all air and no meat.

Bram J":37f6y19l said:

No. I am also not a twelve year old.

Why don't you address the points I wanted clarification on?

You have said Assange is the victim of character assassination.

Who is behind this character assassination? Let me guess... No, tell me.

You have said the allegations against him are ludicrous.

Why do you think allegations that have been assessed by a British court of being worthy of answering in court in Sweden are ludicrous?

Without going into detail, this is a family website, I am fairly content that the allegations merit further investigation, and that what Assange himself has admitted to is not the behaviour of a normal person, and is quite rightly considered as sexual assault in many judicial systems.

I am sure I have accessed as much information as you have on this.

You seem intent on merely batting off anyone else's opinion without providing any insight into your views.

Mad bro?

You must be to keep flogging a dead horse like this.

Incidentally baiil was secured on the basis people thought Assange was innocent, and would not ultimately refuse to face the allegations against him. Guess what he did when he realised the shit was about to get real?

Back