Steve Peat style GT Jump/Slalom bike

Not really. I've managed to source some parts i want, stem, bars etc but i'm having second thoughts about the frame. I don't think it will take the abuse of 4x tracks, bmx tracks and dirt jumps...and in really don't want to ruin a lovely frame. I'm think i'm going to source a Brian lopes or a Ruckus frame with shot paint work and do the same again, sand down, spray black etc. I think it will be worth it in the end. i'm defo keeping the forks, even though there are far better out there i just lusted for them as a kid and still love the look of them now lol.

chris

ive got a 06 ( i think ) gt chucker with semi ok paint but frames good and will take abuse its running a semi intergrated headset but change of direction
means its goin up for sale nxt couple of days

lookin at about 60 posted

if ur interested i can do pics

tony

pics as requested

Attachments

• 2012-12-04 15.23.36.jpg
    2012-12-04 15.23.36.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,012
  • 2012-12-04 15.23.51.jpg
    2012-12-04 15.23.51.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,012
dont think my frame will work with what u need

did find this 160933125676 on ebay @80 quid and could sell off some of the parts on here to cover costs

Nice. Just looked at this.
A mate of mine has an old bright green Avalanche that he uses for jumping. Seems fairly bomb proof.

That Ruckus on Ebay is perfect, i think i'll be watching that ;)

The Avalanche might well take it...i just don't want to risk it (i am 16 stone lol) where as the Lopes and Ruckus frames seem alot more solid.

wynne":2v0fzriz said:
Nice. Just looked at this.
A mate of mine has an old bright green Avalanche that he uses for jumping. Seems fairly bomb proof.
They might be bombproof, but they sure as hell aren't DaveProof:

photo.jpg

That was an Avalanche. '98, I believe.

Back