MacRetro chat and rides thread

gmac123":1fr38v3s said:
there's lots of paths here, including the forest tracks. would love to come up with a route round to loch coruisk to complete a loop right round the black cuillins.. it's defo there reckon it would require a carry up an easy scramble over a bealach http://binged.it/TzTgUn

The path from Coruisk over to Glen Sligachan is just about bikeable, in a Coulags sort of way. Walked it in June :D

Don't fancy carrying one round the Bad Step though, that could be tricky......Thinking ;)

EDIT: know someone with a boat at Torrin who may float us in for a small fee, from Elgol possibly :idea:

Am reliably informed the coast path from Elgol to Camusunary is not bikeable by the sane.

Aviemore or somewhere Cairngorms was my choice. Not too epic for those who are not mad cap backwoods explorers.
Wherever it is it needs to be 90% rideable, pushing/carrying a bike for several miles will illicit lots of greeting and not just from me :oops:

Mr Panda":28euvq0b said:
The path from is just about bikeable, in a Coulags sort of way. Walked it in June :D

Don't fancy carrying one round the Bad Step though, that could be tricky......Thinking ;)

that's the path I want to get to - "Coruisk over to Glen Sligachan"

the path shown from glenbrittle to coir a ghrunnda (assess to sgurr dubh mor & sgurr nan eag) is ridable. at a huge push you could carry up to the coire which is steep valley of huge boulders, then climb onto the bealach, but would only do this if I was sure you can descend the coire an Garbh to courisk.. probably best to get the walking boots and do a proper reconnaissance

gmac123":15q055ak said:
Mr Panda":15q055ak said:
The path from is just about bikeable, in a Coulags sort of way. Walked it in June :D

that's the path I want to get to - "Coruisk over to Glen Sligachan"

the path shown from glenbrittle to coir a ghrunnda (assess to sgurr dubh mor & sgurr nan eag) is ridable. at a huge push you could carry up to the coire which is steep valley of huge boulders, then climb onto the bealach, but would only do this if I was sure you can descend the coire an Garbh to courisk.. probably best to get the walking boots and do a proper reconnaissance

mikee said "not bikeable by the sane."

Can I just say "you're mental" :LOL:

Admittedly it's years ago since a mate and I did the Skye Ridge in one go (over 2 days, with bivvy on ridge :oops:) but there's no way I'd like to take a bike along path to Sgurr nan Eag. We walked further to foot of scree slopes rising to Gars-bheinn at 895m, the Bealach a Garbh-Coire must be around same height or slightly lower, I was ready for topping myself with just a rucksac on my back climbing up to Gars-bheinn.
On the other hand if you have got the determination to climb over the bealach with a bike, finding your way down An Garbh-Coire should be well within your capabilities. :cool:

Back