TRIX Counting Instrument Vintage Speedometer Interesting

roccostan

Retro Newbie
I have acquired a TRIX Speedometer, well its a retro vintage speedometer made by Counting Instrument Limited Made in England Model no M26
It's a small chunk of metal with s meter on it that i can describe as the old electric meters with the rotating counters. There are 4 black digits and the end digit is read which spins round as the star shaped fan on the end spind round. There is also a device that holds it and attaches it to the wheel spindle and there is also a bit that attaches to the spoke that sticks out a little so it hits the fan on the meter to make it go round and clock up the miles. Im not sure if the current reading of 16227 is 162 miles or 1622 miles. It has come of a 70's snipe super plus bike. I have googled Trix and the only thing I can find is TRIX retro train sets on ebay. If anyone knows anything about this meter please feel free to share with me.

That's a mileometer/odometer rather than a speedo. They were quite common in the 80s, I remember them being Huret branded but I might be wrong.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181031465887

!Bzb-oYgBWk~$(KGrHqN,!iUEw5v721,4BMWEKt24-Q~~_12.JPG

I do remember seeing more old-fashioned looking examples around.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
wow, thank you, thats what it looks like, slightly different, any idea what mine would be worth? It's ok ive just checked they going for about a tenner on ebay..lol, thought mine might be worth a few bob with it being a Trix brand..lol

Back