Tushingham Resource Pool

Silverfish":2fiugy7u said:
sinnerman":2fiugy7u said:
longun":2fiugy7u said:
sinnerman":2fiugy7u said:
I am no expert, but i think thats a B52, (but i clearly could be wrong, as i am only going from memory)

Originally only supplied in my area, by a Windsurfing/sailing store that also sold bikes, and this store only ventured into the mountain bike market, due to the Tushingham brand, and there obvious windsurfing background. If memory serves me right it would have been neon and white.

I was told either correctly or incorrectly, it all originated from a resprayed Muddy fox Courier, again this could all have been a load of bull, but i was young and keen, the similarities are there, perhaps the same far east manufacturer...??? who knows... i myself would love for Lester to fill in the blanks, after all without this.....would Orange have ever been...?

You have a real piece of Uk mountain bike history there my friend, and i am amazed at the condition to be fair.

sensational.

:cool:

Talk to Maverick hes the man when it comes to these.

was said shop in plymouth and run by 2 long haired lads, near the river plym? near the frieght raliway depot???

if so, i remeber them very well and used to pop in for a coke mosty weekends to look at bikes and bits lol

The windsurfing shop in plymouth was at Queen Annes Battery, for the life of me the name illudes me.

Pretty sure the windsurf shop you are talking about was Hotlines wasn't it? They were a windsurf shop at QAB before they became a mountain bike distributor.

Im at loss, that would make a lot of sense, i just dont remember the stores name, i would like to have thought i would have remembered the name Hotlines, but then i was about 14 ish at the time.... :?

sinnerman":2zp6fdie said:
Silverfish":2zp6fdie said:
longun":2zp6fdie said:
I am no expert, but i think thats a B52, (but i clearly could be wrong, as i am only going from memory)

Originally only supplied in my area, by a Windsurfing/sailing store that also sold bikes, and this store only ventured into the mountain bike market, due to the Tushingham brand, and there obvious windsurfing background. If memory serves me right it would have been neon and white.

I was told either correctly or incorrectly, it all originated from a resprayed Muddy fox Courier, again this could all have been a load of bull, but i was young and keen, the similarities are there, perhaps the same far east manufacturer...??? who knows... i myself would love for Lester to fill in the blanks, after all without this.....would Orange have ever been...?

You have a real piece of Uk mountain bike history there my friend, and i am amazed at the condition to be fair.

sensational.

was said shop in plymouth and run by 2 long haired lads, near the river plym? near the frieght raliway depot???

if so, i remeber them very well and used to pop in for a coke mosty weekends to look at bikes and bits lol

The windsurfing shop in plymouth was at Queen Annes Battery, for the life of me the name illudes me.

Pretty sure the windsurf shop you are talking about was Hotlines wasn't it? They were a windsurf shop at QAB before they became a mountain bike distributor.

Im at loss, that would make a lot of sense, i just dont remember the stores name, i would like to have thought i would have remembered the name Hotlines, but then i was about 14 ish at the time.... :?

I think you are right. I think they changed their name to Hotlines after they picked up Amp Research, In Motion, Hot Chili, Bullet Bros and Azonic. It's going to drive me mental trying to remember what they were called before... :cry:

just a little history behind this shop

IMG_7356-640x426.jpg

In fact this Muddy Fox Courier has a rather special history – called Blanche, it was bought by Roger Tushingham in 1986. Seeing the potential of a bike like this,
he decided along with his business partner, to import his own bikes based on this one, along with the owner of a local windsurfing shop. Called the Tushingham B52, it was
later rebranded by Roger’s business partner, a certain Lester Noble, as an Orange – and the Clockwork was born. The windsurfing shop owner was Paul Morphet and the
shop called called was Stif – before mountain bikes began to compete with the surf gear for space and eventually forced it out…

(source singletrackworld)

A little history behind what shop mate....???

STIF, isnt the shop silverfish and i are referring too. Stif is in the North and the shop we are referring too is in the south. Any help you could give on the name of this shop would be great though.

If you look closely at first clockwork pictured, the rear end looks almost identical to that of the yellow Paul Donohue that went up for sale recently.

and the stem is identical too as is the rear brake cable hanger. Could the clockwork in the first pic, have been the example taken to the far east perhaps...? Just a thought.

sinnerman":1n55p9ag said:

STIF, isnt the shop silverfish and i are referring too. Stif is in the North and the shop we are referring too is in the south. Any help you could give on the name of this shop would be great though.
south ? :? ...I thought there was only one shop which was based in Chapel-en-le-frith Derbyshire

sinnerman":2huucle1 said:
If you look closely at first clockwork pictured, the rear end looks almost identical to that of the yellow Paul Donohue that went up for sale recently.

and the stem is identical too as is the rear brake cable hanger. Could the clockwork in the first pic, have been the example taken to the far east perhaps...? Just a thought.

The one in the second interests me - check the stem out in my previous post - it is exactly like the one I have for my Formula, then..

Check the top tube cable guides for the rear brake - looks like there is a centre one which would mean continuous outer - then..

Check out the rear brake boss locations - looks like a U-brake?

Nader":1frj7ety said:
sinnerman":1frj7ety said:

south ? :? ...I thought there was only one shop which was based in Chapel-en-le-frith Derbyshire

No mate we were talking about a particular shop at Queen Annes Battery, in Plymouth, Not far from the Tushingham HQ.

It was a windsurfing and sailing store that, like many also sold mountain bikes.

nevadasmith":1pedru1m said:
sinnerman":1pedru1m said:

The one in the second interests me - check the stem out in my previous post - it is exactly like the one I have for my Formula, then..

Check the top tube cable guides for the rear brake - looks like there is a centre one which would mean continuous outer - then..

Check out the rear brake boss locations - looks like a U-brake?

I was about to post the same thing to you, i almost wanta say that the pic of the one with your stem on it looks fillet brazed, but im buggered if i can be sure...

what do you think...? The first pic is tig, but the second im not so sure...? look at the head tube area, looks smooth, or is that my old age added with a grainy 20 odd year old scanned picture and my Optismism getting in the way...?

sinnerman":374r8084 said:
longun":374r8084 said:
sinnerman":374r8084 said:

sensational.

See below - taken from a 1988 mag - the name was......

Attachments

• [Untitled]001_2.jpg
    [Untitled]001_2.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 708
Back