Two good movies - anyone seen them too?

Seen Eastern Promises, wasn't over impressed with it. However, Naomi Watts has got a lovely arse. I'm a big home movie fan, the best films I have seen recently are Mr Brooks and American Gangster - this one will become an all time classic IMO.

jim-laden":e12uu42q said:
missmyfat":e12uu42q said:
Last REALLY good film i seen was the departed.

Have you seen the original film it was a copy off? Asian film "Infernal Affairs" so much better on all levels. Cannot believe it didn't get any press when "Departed" came out. Well worth a watch.

im a big fan of the infernal affairs films too and agree that theyre much much better - go rent the lot from blockbuster! :D
its a real shame the original wasnt given recognition.

PS - no country for old men = WIN!! pssssthunk!! :shock:

No Country For Old Men.....great film, but lets face it have the brothers ever made a bad one....well yes, ok they have, quite a few recently.
This was back to form...incredibly tense.
I would probably agree with you 'what appealed to me was the prophetic nature', if I knew what that meant. :oops:
Barton Fink still is the daddy in my humble opinion.
HB

seen both

I think Eastern Promises is better, more unusual and is trying to say something about rich Russians in the UK,

No Country is a great, but I dont understand why the main character goes back out to the desert (hopefully no spoilers)

The Assination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford is also very good.

There Will Be Blood beats them all hands down tho, stunning.

The worst film I have seen in a long time is I Am Legend, its good on most levels including Will Smith's acting, but the plot is utterly awful.

amt27":2kypvutx said:
The worst film I have seen in a long time is I Am Legend, its good on most levels including Will Smith's acting, but the plot is utterly awful.

I'll agree with this statement, Crap film and not what you would expect from a Will Smith movie.

Watched 'The Brave One' last night - highly recommended - Jodie Foster plays a vigilante out to avenge her partners murder taking out a few scumbags en route.

amt27":147k6inc said:
No Country is a great, but I dont understand why the main character goes back out to the desert (hopefully no spoilers)
Conscience pricked about the half-dead man he came across in one of the pick-ups, he went back with a load of water I think?

One more film recommendation - Black Snake Moan. Hugely enjoyable, atmospheric film with a cracking soundtrack. Plus if you're a Christina Ricci fan you'll love it.

stevet1":2oq6lvkn said:
Conscience pricked about the half-dead man he came across in one of the pick-ups, he went back with a load of water I think?

Yup, that was my take on it too.....not a 'soul-less animal' like someone else in the film ;)

Latest posts

Back