HoNC - Who's actually going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ, i think you will find that these sat navs have moved on a bit, there now called Gus Gus :LOL:

Ive just had a email from honc, just a quick reminder and it says start @
9am....This can't be right can it :?:
I thought it was 10.

9am start is right.

I'll be riding 100k almost regardless. Lat year was 25 degrees, the year before it was lashing hail.

I'll be doing the 50k route, slowly. Possibly with a pub stop if the route takes me close to one.

Hi guys,

Can I meet up too before hand - would be cool to say hi!

Im doing the 50k route and not that quick a rider so you will all probaly smoke me!

Also, have downloaded the tracklogs file from the honc site.
I train with a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS - anyone know if I can upload the file to it so we will have a bit of inside knowledge!!

Forecast is for rain for the next few days so best to prepare for mud.

Is there a suitable place/time to meet up to miss the maddening throng of 1,000 riders (perhaps HoNC veterans can advise)? And although the start is at 9 a.m. is it worth holding back for 10 minutes to miss the initial mad rush or should we elbow our way to the front and set off like stink?

I'm off down the night before, just don't fancy the 3+ hour drive from Lincoln, 100k ride followed by a 3+ hour drive back again.

I'll be riding my Moots Rigormootis geared bike. Been fettling it this morning (it hasn't been used more than 3 times over the past year!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back