Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

I'm not sure if M-Trax are allowed on this thread but, as it's labeled SPD and DynaTech, here goes.

This is the bike I picked up from the tip earlier in the year, an M-Trax Ti 700, which I believe has titanium top and down tubes.

It's in a pretty rough state at the moment, but the aim is to re-build it next year for the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_2209.JPG
    IMG_2209.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 537
Caramba Kid":8qn7amuv said:
ibbz":8qn7amuv said:
Pace RC35 ?

Saw these pics of an MT5 with em - and fallen in love!
Need a pair!
https://picasaweb.google.com/114043...&authkey=Gv1sRgCILB1sDa4PrgEA&feat=directlink

:LOL: You're in luck - That MT5 is now mine & the RC35 are available as I've fitted rigid RC30.

Hi,

I don't want to hijack the thread so perhaps we should take this to PM or a new thread but I'm very interested in the what appears to be double chainring setup on that Dyna-Tech you purchased...

If it is indeed a double, is there some more detail on it? Friction shifter for the front mech using a standard XT front mech?

Cheers,
Steve

My Dynatech MT4

main.php
Here's my Dynatech MT4.
Almost finished, just need to adjust the brakes and replace the Smoke and Dart's with some light weight Michelins.
Weighs in at just shy of 26 lb.

Saddle - Flite Ti
Brakes - Avid SD 7 levers and V Brakes.
Gear Levers - Shimano Deore XT thumb shift, 7 speed
BB – Mavic Tapered square drive
Chainset – Shimano Deore XT fitted with Pace 44/32/22 rings
Cassette – 7 sp, 30, 26, 23, 20, 17, 15, 13 teeth
Chain - Sram
Fork - Pace RC35 MXCD
Rims - Mavic M231 CD.
Hubs – Shimano Deore XT
Skewers - Syncros
Front & Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore XT
Headset – Mavic 316
Handlebars – Dyna Tech Titanium - Custom MT4 Champagne colour.
Stem – Syncros polished.
Grips - Lizard Skin Peachy
Bar Ends - X-Lite
Seat Stem – X-Lite
Front Tyre – Panaracer Dart 2.1
Rear Tyre - Panaracer Smoke 2.1
Pedals - Crank bro Eggs

Pictures a bit dark, ill take a proper one tomorrow outside

here's how she looked before;

[img]http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=130478

And finally, (again not a proper pic, will take one tomorrow)
My Raleigh RSP 250. This is Mint, totally original spec with approx 5 Miles of riding done in 12 years. The bike was one of the last and final RSP Bikes ever to be made before the RSP workshop division closed (according to Bikemeister)
main.php

Cheers man, she's not finished yet.
Got a noS XT sharkfin to put on, light weight tyres, plus she needs a bit more TLC, the pace rings are a bit worn, might replace those along with the Bottom bracket

She's more or less early to mid 90ies build, bar the brakes pedals and grips.

Quick question, what size of bottom bracket would I need for the MT4?

ibbz":2w6sr9ia said:
Quick question, what size of bottom bracket would I need for the MT4?
68mm shell width but the BB spindle length will be determined by the crankset you are fitting.
Looks like you have XT M730 or Deore MT-60 cranks in your pictures, in which case you'll need one with a 122mm spindle.

I can recommend the Shimano UN55 BB.

Cheers man, they're the XT ones u mentioned so ill go for the shimano you suggested.

Back