80's Rocky Mountain Fusion

RockiMtn":1llwajh0 said:
FluffyChicken":1llwajh0 said:
lrh":1llwajh0 said:
Mountain LX chainset = 1989

M737 rear mech means ....

that the original was replaced.

this is definitely a mid to late 80's RM, but not early 80's.

I know and I knew what era it was, late 80's U-Brake, decals etc..(hence the quite a few years later) and not 90's as the decals are wrong and so is the bike.

But I don't need to check which of the two years it was as kaya's done that :D

Surely of the two it's more likely an 89 than an 88. It's an acquamarine colour and it has Mountain LX, both of which match the 89 spec. Also the 88 was made of Tange Infinity, in which case you would expect to see an Infinity sticker, not the Tange Cromoly sticker.

Not that it matters of course. ;)

Anthony":1hbykyh8 said:
Surely of the two it's more likely an 89 than an 88. It's an acquamarine colour and it has Mountain LX, both of which match the 89 spec. Also the 88 was made of Tange Infinity, in which case you would expect to see an Infinity sticker, not the Tange Cromoly sticker.

Not that it matters of course. ;)

Looking at this again...

I'd say it was an 88 frame, made to look like an 89 as the cable routing is different on the 88 & 89.

Unless 89 was the year they made both styles :roll: :LOL:

My vote is 1988 as that is my first mountain bike and I bought it from West Point Cycle in 1989 as a last years model. It was almost identical to my brother's Rocky / Ritchey I bought for him new / used in 1988. I loved everything about that bike except the U-brake so I sold it to a friend in 1992 after three years of hard riding and purchased a Specialized Stumpjumper FS. Oy, what a mistake that was. Never liked that bike. My poor
RM was stolen a few weeks after I sold it. If I had the space and $ I would love to get an early 90's version with canti's front and back.

Back