Sheffield Cycle Jumble

This Saturday folks.
Looks to be a promising event. 40 tables booked. Which is more than the previous jumbles. I've hired out another hall to accomodate the numbers.
Well advertised locally, on the web, Cycling Weakly etc.
The cafe will open serving tea, coffee, hot food and importantly, cake. Hope to see you down there.

There is still room for stalls outside, so I can take last minute bookings. You'd have to bring your own table or just sell from your boot. Forecast is looking good.
bike-women-1.jpg

Went to jumble. Excellent as usual :)

I watched a chap pick up a pair of Shimano Dura Ace 7402 calipers and ask ''how much are they mate''??

Reply...... £2 because the adjusters are missing :shock:

I kept saying to myself go put them back put them back! But he didn't :roll:

For half an hour later I kept saying 'two quid' - 'two quid' :(

any pictures taen ?
Always like to see how jumbles bustle.

WE could easily fit a ride around this (MTB or other)

FluffyChicken":lxouisxj said:
any pictures taen ? Always like to see how jumbles bustle. WE could easily fit a ride around this (MTB or other)
No pictures taken! I doubt I'd be able to give you the full picture :shock:

You get a mixture of different era's of stuff on different tables! Some will have really old stuff to 80's gear right up to modern parts.

Up forsale are hundreds of parts old/new and even framesets to whole bikes, oh and not forgeting peoper bike tools.

There was a beautiful high quality JF Wilson frame-set! Price £60!!

Some sellers want just a few quid to a tenner for items but ebay is drawn into the equation with some sellers who want
serious money for parts and when you ask they why the high price, they say ''well they are fetching such and such on ebay''

One guy was selling modern stuff and he had some Cinelli Ram 2 bars/stem! He purchased them in error at £450 and was on his table for £150 :roll:

Gets really busy when the doors open and everyone is on the hustle/bustle to get themselves a bargin.

Old Ned":o8dackwu said:
Ian Raleigh":o8dackwu said:
Old Ned":o8dackwu said:
You didn't introduce yourself to me ;)
Did you have a stall ?
Yep, by the door to the tea room, selling the Red Pennine.
I see ;)

That Pennine had alot of talk and even I liked it!

I was in the room quite early before the doors opened so you might have seen me, I wore a longish matt black coat and blue jeans.

Back