New Dave Yates Road bike

Merlin":3qf4q92v said:
Just looked at the instructions that came with the Thomson clamp which say "conventional, collar slot inline with frame slot - carbon, collar slot rotated 180 degrees away from frame slot".

I wonder if that is the same for all carbon frames? Perhaps i should turn mine round? I have a USE clamp.

Just found this thread after a long time away from retro bike......
Wow what a bike! Very very nice!!
I have a big birthday coming up in a couple of years and had been looking to get something very similar made. You just beat me to the punch but certainly given me added impetus!! Was gonna go with Dave Yates as well as I am a fellow Northerner and my dad also has one of his old frames so I am hoping if all goes well it would make a nice story.
Once again well done sir, an excellently built and put together package.

Mick

great build

Its lovely and understated.

Is if full 853, ie. stays etc or just the main frame.

Also out of curiousity is it more of an audax bike, as the head tube looks long.

Thank you Mick, Rusty Gold and samsbike for the kind comments. Sorry for the belated reply, I have been away.
It is more of an audax bike. Dave Yates described it as an audax bike without mudguards. For me it is ideal because at 61 years old I do not need to be bent too low. I could still drop the stem a bit but I thought it safer to start with a decent length in the steerer, which can always be shortened later. The picture is during the recent Etape Cymru.
I suspect the stays are not 853 as the sticker says 853 butted main tubes. I did not discuss this with Dave Yates but I am anyway delighted with the comfort and handling.

Attachments

• 1252-ETCYM06red.jpg
    1252-ETCYM06red.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 578
Back