Looking for a new car - any advice.

Here's mine the week before I bought it.Its reliable its economical it soooo boring :roll:

Bring back my 406 any day.......

passatnew.jpg

My Volvo V70 was great. The D5 engine is fantastic and the ride is very comfortable. The boot is huge and passengers have plenty of room in the back. However, they don't go round corners. Fact. Miss the torque but not the handling. My S-Max is great, how about a people carrier?

legrandefromage":1gch6qd6 said:
my Passat was shite and the Mondeo is crude

I missed an A6 4.2 Avant Quattro at a local car boot for £1500...

Got to admit that I've eyeballed a couple of them this week on the Internet..

REKIBorter":2xl6nuks said:
My Volvo V70 was great. The D5 engine is fantastic and the ride is very comfortable. The boot is huge and passengers have plenty of room in the back. However, they don't go round corners. Fact. Miss the torque but not the handling. My S-Max is great, how about a people carrier?

Interesting about the v70 handling esp as they're a weapon of choice for the police..

Done the people carrier thing, would much prefer a car again for a while..

brocklanders023":psg5803t said:
Wouldn't get an older Audi as everyone I know that's got one has had big problems with even bigger bills. They seem to turn to mince after 7 years or 80000 miles.

not at all, my A4 had done 220'000 miles before it became too expensive to bother with, the camshafts wore out and I couldn't be bothered to spend the money on replacing them, £600-1000 just for parts. as long as you carry out regular servicing and don't skimp on things like belt changes they will go on for a very long time.

GT-Steve":3gzpo18w said:
Interesting about the v70 handling esp as they're a weapon of choice for the police..

More likely to be used by motorway cops. Yes, high speed cruising all day no problem. Plenty of oomph under your right foot if needed. I once got chatting to a Volvo driving copper at a service station. He didn't know much about the car but he said they were adapted for police use. They use the T6 petrol engine so the suspension is uprated for starters.

Back