It may be near Easter but don't resurrect this thread again!

...class.

The Godfather (1972): Arguably, the greatest movie in cinematic history.

Attachments

• How it should be taught..png
    How it should be taught..png
    101.6 KB · Views: 628
surely it would be retro money not new :p

never understood that old money new garbage it just sounds like snobby nobs trying to say I had money before you did ner ner na ner ner

Reminds me of those people who used to put pound coins under their foreskin and then w*nk just so they could say they come into money

funny thing thing is..when I go to pay a bill they never turn it down wether I've had it in my pocket 2 weeks or 5 minutes

sinnerman":jea2bg9j said:
brocklanders023":jea2bg9j said:
sinnerman":jea2bg9j said:
brocklanders023":jea2bg9j said:

I didnt think so...!!!

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

the fact you had to ask, says it all.

lets just leave the politics there, shall we.

No, come on, please tell me what where my parents have or have not lived has got to do with anything? A smug 'the fact you had to ask, says it all' doesn't really cut it.

sinnerman":148s1n32 said:
brocklanders023":148s1n32 said:
Very true, except for Tories, especially Thatcher with call me dave coming up on the rails.
Puts tin hat on.

did your mum and dad ever live in a council house...?

Forgive me if I step in but I think..and correct me if I am wrong Sinn...it was this that Sinn was referring too

you clearly expected flack and seem suprised when flack came, although personally I saw it more as a question than flack

So I intend to ramble on as I always do to try and explain what I think was meant ;)

When you bash the tories and inparticular thatcher ...it is one of those you had to be there momments. Many who were not listen to the edited highlights of "that damm witch" rather than the fuller picture if you were there

True the council tax was not the best idea but you have to ask if it was so bad why sucessive labour goverments have not revoked it? changed the name maybe but the context was still a tax which labour seem happy with also

But..back to sinns council house comment..I suspect it was along the lines of the prosperity some had when thatcher was in govt. In regards to council houses it was the first time people were allowed to buy them. The idea was if people owned them then they would take pride in them..areas would rise in care for the community in appearance thus reducing crime as people took pride.

It also allowed people to have something to leave their kids or use to gain money to invest in their kids futures say ..university. By allowing council house sales it also stimulated the economic market as people suddenly launched onto diy and the stimulus any good market has when it has an active housing market

The down sides...in some areas it depleted council houses avaliable for the next generation...some people got greedy..borrowed too much against their houses and when the inevitable bubble burts...discovered negative equity

But the key word is people..maggie showed that opportunity was there, offered that opportunity and said ..work hard and you will see the benefits, I'll open the doors and you make the choices annnnddd in the case of buying their council homes...many people took that opportunity

you can, as is the way when people make mistakes..blame others as many did with maggie ..boo yah hiss it's all your fault maggie but people made their own choices but as in so many ways of life..people refuse to take responsibility of their own actions and look for someone else to blame when it hits the fan

With council houses of those that bought them...some did very well.some did not...and the differences on that success had very little to do with maggie but with the individuals themselves and the decisions they made

I could of course be totally wrong on the interpretation of sinns question then please ignore my bolloxs

as this thread seems to be wondering into general chat I'll try and bring it back on track

So to conclude...My understanding is...Dennis had a Klein :D

Back