It may be near Easter but don't resurrect this thread again!

pete_mcc":1e5tu07t said:
John":1e5tu07t said:
Good. Grief.

Go on, admit you're secretly impressed: a thread discussion thread at 4 pages, nothing tangible done, nothing solved, nothing created. The whole internet distilled into one thread.

In a roundabout way I suppose. This topic certainly has 'legs'.

Okay I gotta ask

John, I went to edit my last post to add a smiley and as usually happens advertising was on the bottom of the page.....am I right in thinking that Martin is now a paying advertiser of products? I'm pretty sure I saw a martin advert for etoe?

sylus":21sliaef said:
Okay I gotta ask

John, I went to edit my last post to add a smiley and as usually happens advertising was on the bottom of the page.....am I right in thinking that Martin is now a paying advertiser of products? I'm pretty sure I saw a martin advert for etoe?

No harm in asking. Martin / ETOE have indeed taken out some advertising, along with numerous others. Got to give ETOE credit for doing so, plenty of others freely use the site to advertise and sell their products and services. Occasionally I mention people should consider taking out adverts (without which this site would not survive!) but rarely am I taken up on it....

Were i wealthy (which I'm not) and inclined to be irritating (which I am) I'd get a few kleins and have them powder coated white, or black.

This is by far the most interesting thread I have read so far.

Obviously Klein's still have an ability to cause major controversy and I guess this is one of the reasons why they will remain popular.

...and reading many of the "hate" comments I have to say; I am even more happy to own Klein bikes now! Owning a bike that so many people hate for no apparent reason is just plain joy! :-D

Thanks for the reply John

Martin, Thanks for taking the paid advertising route and investing in the site in money as well as words.

mkaavin":3vg0z8zb said:
...and reading many of the "hate" comments I have to say; I am even more happy to own Klein bikes now! Owning a bike that so many people hate for no apparent reason is just plain joy! :-D

Funny thing is I am not seeing the hate comments for the bikes themselves in this thread. I own a Kline Attitude and while am certainly not wound up in the mystical aura that some place around them I certainly don't hate them. Hating an inanimate object is a little bit of a waste of hate that should be reserved solely for people.

This thread is about the repetitive nature of paint posts and the ever more ridiculous level of pointless detail being applied to the bikes. As Dr bond mentioned earlier, it has gone beyond restoration of a mass-produced bike to appointing some grail like nature to the bike to the point where original bikes are no longer as worthy as some bike that has been licked over with angel-hair paint and blowed dry by hoards of cherubs exhaling.

I don't know about others but I would be happy to give my wish for one.

As a bike I consider many other bikes to be far better to ride, I have ridden a few Kleins. My reason for buying one is purely as an investment and on that basis a return to factory fresh with a few improvements such as a paint job to be as good as it can be makes financial prudent sense. I will never ride it, it will be a garage queen and many years down the line I would have made a very shrewd investment and have a wry smile on my mush

if that offends then I would ask for the rose tinted glasses to come off..how many in here will say yes back to factory...but I added xt kit or v brakes or..you get the drift. So kleins are not the only bikes that some claim are returned back to factory but with small tweeks

As to the threads and being repetitive..well if the same people keep repeating the same stuff then yes there will be repetitiveness :LOL:

Some ride them, some garage queen them, some hate them whilst some love them..there is place enough for whatever you feel about them

I am going to the shed now to make a pentagram of candles and goat blood, a klein is going in the middle whilst I chant satanic verse. I reckon I can summon up some pretty nasty devils fairly quickly.
I can see now that a powerful force of evil follows these lumps of aluminium about which turns eyeballs black and makes heads spin.
I cant get the film "the omen" out of my head when I read these threads.

Back