Magic In The Woods Tonight

Got some 'chicken of the woods' growing nicely near me, take a layer every now and then and as long as you're not greedy it will keep on cropping.

I grew up in Wales where there are lots of liberty caps......i have a photo of me at night in the middle of the hills after obviously accidentally eating some...........just wondering if i should put the picture up......wos a lond time ago :D

1210tech":2g8hh4iz said:
suburbanreuben":2g8hh4iz said:
1210tech":2g8hh4iz said:
Ain't got a clue what they're called, just know what they look like ;)

I've never seen them in the UK...

the ones in the middle of the plate are called liberty caps apparently and the most common uk shrooms

Highland Flyer's pointy one is a liberty cap. Yours may be a liberty cap, but when it gets that old and open it is too easily mistaken for other stuff...
Where did you find them?

suburbanreuben":1du87m1k said:
1210tech":1du87m1k said:
suburbanreuben":1du87m1k said:
1210tech":1du87m1k said:
Ain't got a clue what they're called, just know what they look like ;)

I've never seen them in the UK...

the ones in the middle of the plate are called liberty caps apparently and the most common uk shrooms

Highland Flyer's pointy one is a liberty cap. Yours may be a liberty cap, but when it gets that old and open it is too easily mistaken for other stuff...
Where did you find them?

Dude, that picture is one I found on Google, I'm too old for that shit now and have done more than my fair share of hallucinogenic drugs ;)

I've seen quite a few of the red/spotted Fly Agaric around these parts of late, I think we're well into the season for shrooms already.

As for the "other sort" of mushrooms mentioned, they always used to grow on our shcool playing fields and the local cricket pitch of all places, needless to say that once word was out they weren't around for very long ;)

jimo746":2gb9ea72 said:
I've seen quite a few of the red/spotted Fly Agaric around these parts of late, I think we're well into the season for shrooms already.

As for the "other sort" of mushrooms mentioned, they always used to grow on our shcool playing fields and the local cricket pitch of all places, needless to say that once word was out they weren't around for very long ;)

The most prolific spot in my old hometown was the golf course.

Populated by masses of liberty caps, along with most of the off duty policemen of the town!

:)

Old pic of me (before digi cameras and mobiles) so not great pic.......but me and a mate went into the hills shroomed armed with a camera with a flash to see in the dark ! as we had no torch !! you can imagine what we saw each time the camera flashed ;) ;) ;)
m005_zpsc75b1ad7.jpg

I came through Friday street today, up until last month, I hadn't been there since my hippy days[early 70's], we used to pick fly Agarics there and on the sides of the roads around there. I didn't see a single one today. We didn't have the net to check on stuff, so it was trial and error[suck it and see?]. The first time we tried them we just munched a bit each, I don't think I have seen so much puke in my life. We soon found out about drying them.

Back