Oh I get it...

Retro Cat":9xrhfq3s said:
kaiser":9xrhfq3s said:
Well done :D Keep at it it gets better. When you reach a point where you can run anywhere and distance is no object you'll have reached your zen moment! But always try to remember this point, it won't be long before training runs are further than you ever thought you could manage. I went from barely being able to run a mile to running marathons in a couple of years, I got to a point where my shortest run was something I would only have dreamed about and going for 16/18 mile runs was the norm.

Thanks for the encouragement - it's ever so liberating just knowing you can run any distance without keeling over. Working tonight but looking forward to tomorrow's jaunt around the block - hope it's tipping down so I can relive my one moment of athletic prowess :)

I was however the fastest boy in the 3rd year of a small rural comprehensive for 6 weeks

Was that just before Barrymore gave up teaching for comedy?

I can't/won't run anymore thanks to various issues, but the rain certainly makes it atmospheric even just walking. It is better to do a few miles at least every day if possible, whether it is cycling or running/walking. The wife still runs properly, often the same distance we ride! :)

highlandsflyer":32dzrsvh said:
Retro Cat":32dzrsvh said:
kaiser":32dzrsvh said:
Well done :D Keep at it it gets better. When you reach a point where you can run anywhere and distance is no object you'll have reached your zen moment! But always try to remember this point, it won't be long before training runs are further than you ever thought you could manage. I went from barely being able to run a mile to running marathons in a couple of years, I got to a point where my shortest run was something I would only have dreamed about and going for 16/18 mile runs was the norm.

Thanks for the encouragement - it's ever so liberating just knowing you can run any distance without keeling over. Working tonight but looking forward to tomorrow's jaunt around the block - hope it's tipping down so I can relive my one moment of athletic prowess :)

I was however the fastest boy in the 3rd year of a small rural comprehensive for 6 weeks

Was that just before Barrymore gave up teaching for comedy?

I can't/won't run anymore thanks to various issues, but the rain certainly makes it atmospheric even just walking. It is better to do a few miles at least every day if possible, whether it is cycling or running/walking. The wife still runs properly, often the same distance we ride! :)

Barrymore wouldn't have made a good swimming teacher...

I used to LOVE running in the rain. I also used to love riding in the rain, especially mtb, getting all muddy (apparently thats just not something you do now here in OZ, there is a public outcry if you ride a wet trail here...)

I'm slowly getting back into running (hopefully faster way to regain some fitness than riding). But i'm soooo slow, used to be on cruise mode at 5min/km, now I'm delighted if i can get under 8min/km for about 5 steps :(

Latest posts

Back