Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Antstark":uoa7v3h1 said:
Dads n' daughters eh :D :cool: .....just finished building this for my daugher..gotta get the next gen of retrobikers trained young I say :D

I got that c16 down to 25lbs with nowt really special on it ...24lbs should be easily achievable.

NeilM":uoa7v3h1 said:
Antstark":uoa7v3h1 said:
Nice mate! That was my missus frame before i sold it to Jussa....glad to see it up and rolling again :D

COOL!

My daughter loves it.

She's doing well, getting used to the bike and riding in cleats for the first time. She took a couple of dives in the mud last week, but she's really happy with the bike.

It's not got a name yet, but give her time. The Hahanna I built her got named The Iron Lady :roll: So, the C16R was built with an eye on the scales, I think I got it to about 25.5 lbs, and that's with ordinary components and a sofa for a saddle. If we put it on a real diet I think I could get to 24 lbs or a tiny bit less.

Great little bike, happy daughter... all is well with the world ;)

Is this a c16r? the fat down tube looks ali more than steel ?

If you are asking about my daughters bike; it has C16R stickers all over it, the one or two bits of bare metal that I found looked to be steel, and the two previous owners who have posted here both say it's a C16R, so under the cover of 'if it looks like and elephant and act like an elephant, chances are, it's an elephant', I'll say yes, it is a C16R.

Hello!

I'm new here and just about to purchase a c16r, the one from the photos - and asking for advice from you, is this one worth the time? How much would you pay for it? I live in Poland and stumbled upon a couple of Orange frames, like the P7 or some downhill star-wars looking things, but this is the first time that I am able to buy one, so any of you C16R lovers please give me a bunch of words on the bike.

8025969261_f815760f6d_b.jpg

8025969203_1d27c80d35_b.jpg

8025969868_2c86ce234a_b.jpg

8025969103_92fd8ac88e_b.jpg

8025969730_c9a70efddc_b.jpg

8025968995_29aaa33960_b.jpg

8025968927_a0992cfed0_b.jpg

Any clue on year of production? @Jussa, I instantly fell in love with the blue breaks on your grey C16r, the photo on which it leans on a big tree, page 2 of this thread, would be nice if you could give me any info on those...

Thanks

Julian

It's a 1995 bike. It looks to be in excellent condition. It may be worth more in Poland than it would be here - in the UK they are probably under-valued because familiarity breeds contempt. On the rare occasions when you see one for sale in continental Europe, they can cost more as they are regarded as foreign exotica! In the UK, they don't often reach 250€, but then this one does seem to be in exceptional condition, at least from the photos.

Thanks for showing it.

Thanks so much for your quick response!! You managed to convince me completely! Will post more detailed photos when the bike comes in, if you please! And change the platforms immediately.

@Anthony, doner kebabs are still considered foreign exotica here, so I guess it'd be like riding a camel round the town!

One more question - is STX RC the stock group for this bike?

That looks like a brand new bike, if you can get it for a price you are happy to pay, then get it.

I believe STX was standard, and it is good robust stuff that will do the job, especially in that condition.

NeilM":27pgvu4u said:
I believe STX was standard, and it is good robust stuff that will do the job, especially in that condition.

+1, yep Stock Groupset, very capable and often overlooked, having run Full STX-RC and XT on my C16R there was marginal differences. STX RC was very reliable and functional. :D Still running full STX on my Proflex 856 with no problems :)

Looks a very fine example sir

Stx and stx rc a great group to have and probably the best value for money set shimano did

as to the standard set, orange allowed the original buyer to specify what group set they wanted so not standard but one of the sets they offered fitted from new

I agree with Anthony that due to the plentiful supply it's probably seen as everyday..get outside of the u.k. and not an everyday sight at all. I've been in the states 7 months and only seen 1 Orange frame at $200 and not one full orange bike :(

Back