My new (to me) Colnago Master

Well I've got some 'Sciroccos' on mine, not great, and not really sure whether they are period correct, but I think they look good.

I think mine is around '94. I believe one of a trial run of frames made from Tange, with similar spec to the Columbus tubing.

Most of the kit is low spec Veloce, with a Mirage chainset and Athena calipers. I'm slowly getting round to getting some Chorus from the mid-nineties on it (can't justify Record).

P9243962.jpg

Link to more piccies:
http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af358/randyslacks/Colnago Master Olympic/

Awww poo! Started looking on Ebay now for a Chorus chainset...I have all I need to get it period (inc. saddle and seatpost). I think I might need some Shamels....

Always wanted a Colnago, so when this came up many moons ago I snapped it up (£250 all in). Paint work is A1 and the chrome is perfect, although the crappy camera shots suggest otherwise. We should get all the Colnagos together for a ride...Me and thee so far!

Phil

Sheffield":1iptjr5a said:
when this came up many moons ago I snapped it up (£250 all in).

I need another bike like a hole in the head, but if I could find a frameset like that, in my size, at that price, there would be no stopping me.

There is something that just sets Colnago apart, they are so ... cool :cool:

I was lucky getting a Colnago, fully built as you see it for £250. I suspect it wasn't as desirable as the Columbus-built ones, but I quite like that.

It ain't a lightweight, but it spins along like a dream. I love the attention it gets!!

Absolutely stunning!! & looks my size...Is it around a 52cm? I can't see what all the fuss is about with Carbon, when you see one of these! Love it! How do you like the Speedplay pedals? Kinda looking to change over from Old School Looks due to my knees needing a bit more float...

Hello,
It is a 51cm down/seat tube with a 52cm top,regarding the Speedplay ,I find them very comfortable and yes there is a lot of float available.

Cheers Wayne.

Back