D

Good points. The review a few months back in MBUK (have you seen it) compared the Lobo to the GT Force or whatever the new one is, and they were saying how old it seems blah blah blah... but Whilst the shocks might have improved, the design is still a classic.

Would love to be able to do a frame like this justice but my pootling is more akin to a 90 year old.

I saw the video that mbuk did about that review. They were talking about the Carbon Lobo. They did make some valid points about them snapping but that's why GT only made the Carbon version for one year...to be fair it was the first time anyone had dabbled in carbon for a downhill bike. They should have mentioned that if it wasn't for bikes like this we wouldn't be where we are today with modern design!!

ChrisBrown81":1ysushf6 said:
WOW. What a difference a well set up re-tuned fork can make. First time I've rode the Lobo in real anger since the new forks. The whole bike just feels much more stable at speed... I know alot of people comment on how out of date the design is and how shit the shock is, but today I was whipping kids 10 years younger (I'm 30) on the downhill's on there modern bikes. It just goes to show that a well set up old design should never just be dismissed just because it's not cool! Live and let ride!

Signed one very happy 30 year old man!

Amazing rig Chris, im not sure if its just me as a lover of the lobo but if i had the money id go to GT and make them build a brand new one with todays geo materials and engineering skills.

Bring back the lobo and pull shock i say.

Front Caliper

Hi Chris, your lobo is looking sweet mate, mines still a pile of bits in a box....

I notice your front caliper is mounted via the adapter from your old pre production boxxers. And that only half your pads are covering the rotor. Would you be interested in a Hope C2 no6 caliper, the correct one for the boxxer with 185mm rotor?

I have one spare plus about 10 other original / c2 systems.

cheers andy

Front Caliper

Hi Chris, your lobo is looking sweet mate, mines still a pile of bits in a box....

I notice your front caliper is mounted via the adapter from your old pre production boxxers. And that only half your pads are covering the rotor. Would you be interested in a Hope C2 no6 caliper, the correct one for the boxxer with 185mm rotor?

cheers andy

Re: Front Caliper

Preloved BIkes":2g4stcck said:

cheers andy

Yeah I'd be interested. Have you got a Pro lever to go with it?? These sport ones are just...awful :( lol

Yes i do mate, in fact, the caliper is already attached to a pro lever and bled. It was fitted to a lobo with boxxers too, so hose length will be spot on.

I'd be looking for £50 posted.

I've got a black kore stem too. Nota b52, but the original dropper version, about 50mm. Not sure if your interested...

Cheers, andy

Yes i do mate, in fact, the caliper is already attached to a pro lever and bled. It was fitted to a lobo with boxxers too, so hose length will be spot on.

I'd be looking for £50 posted.

I've got a black kore stem too. Nota b52, but the original dropper version, about 50mm. Not sure if your interested...

Cheers, andy

Back