Dvd player recommendations

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
we have a vast collection of disney films (a few of which are on constant repeat a the moment).
our playstation 2 is becoming tired and sensitive so i need to replace it!

- looking for something around the £30-£40 mark
- HD up-scaling would be nice, but not essential.
- a player that doesn't have a hissy fit with the slightest of marks on the disc (my 2 year old likes to load the player)
- surround sound or other auxiliary outputs for external speaker setup not essential but would be a bonus.
- blu-ray i'm not fussed about at all (and doubt it fits in to my budget).

any help out there at all?

My advice is pay a visit to all the big supermarkets near you and see what they've got on offer, tesco for example stock Sony, Samsung & Panasonic units for under £40 ;)

I just bought a really good Panasonic Blu-Ray player for £70 from Sainsburys. Doesn't seem worth buying a DVD player when they are that cheap, for a well reviewed one as well.

all DVD players are pretty much the same these days - still worth looking up region hacks for the odd US sourced DVD film.

didnt think Blu rays had come down that much in price, will check out Tesco (i got my Samsung flat screen from there - they offer 25% discount if you get their ex display items too! :) was a good day that day! :)

I have a Toshiba SD1010. Paid £25 for it. Never had any problems with it

Also plays AVI divx files and you can make it multi regional by turning on dvd player, press open, type 98790.

niiiiiiiiiiice :D
will be putting this on hold now since it was in preparation to move back into our flat which our tenant has kindly decided not to leave since our section 21 notice expired this week. thats gonna cost a few DVD players to get that sorted. effing cnuts.
:(

Back