Keep the Olympic Mountain Bike Course! - online petition

highlandsflyer":3ldvchgg said:
pete_mcc":3ldvchgg said:
stewlewis":3ldvchgg said:
It does make you think of the internet buzz before the olympics of how the UK has amazing forests, hills, mountains and why do we need a man made bland trail built on a farm...

It was an OK course and it worked well for TV, it's good that they are keeping it open. I think keep our forests and let use use them it a more worthy petition.

Exactly. It was a made for TV course and was dull, dull, dull. Why not just ride on a canal path, offers the same thing. The whole point of mountain biking is its supposed to take you into the countryside, not bring a pastiche of the countryside to us in some sanitised, bland, McDonalds style way.
I'd rather see money and time pumped into areas of the country that need the cash, visitors and help - not some farm that was perfectly viable before the Olympics

Whacked that nail on the head.

...and I'll say it again;

This a selfish attitude that does us no credit whatsoever!

The developement will be aimed at people who wouldn't normally visit this type of facility for one reason or another; that is the whole point of the Olympic 'Legacy' - to provide facilities where previously there were none; and to encourage people to use it who cannot get to other parts of the Country that already have well established and patronised facilities.

Back