My Saracen Kili Comp - remodelled in a kinda Cruiser stylee

Still think its odd my identical frame has a tange ultimate sticker. Not that I am bothered.

Wish I had your forks on mine!

Not sure why you are having indexing problems. I use an identical set up on at least two bikes and have no problems in shifting. The hidden click is very noticeable and shouldnt slip, in fact the shifting should be like a gunshot on a quiet day.

*EDIT:

Looking at the mech, your top jockey wheel may not have the 1.5mm float of the original. I would also try the mech without that pulley.

Unfortuantely the 'clicks' on the shifter aren't very well defined at all :cry:

They don't slip but they're not very discernible, unlike my SJS and Pauls Dura Ace thumbies. I'm not sure about stripping and cleaning them though... :?

I wouldnt strip them - there is a teeny bearing that if it gets lost - thats it.

If I remember these correctly, under the top cap is a reverse thread nut that should tighten things up

I'll give tightening them up a go and see if it makes any difference...

...the alloy jockey wheel does still have the float BTW.

As always, LGF was spot on re the float issue on the jockey wheel, and I was totally wrong! :oops:

No float at all; just fitted a 3dv lower jockey wheel to the XT mech for SWMBO's Stumpy, but this time left the OEM fittment upper jockey wheel in place to avoid a repeat of this fault...

Re: My Saracen Kili Comp - finally finished (pic heavy...)

You had a few niggles there mate but it's still a great looking bike and that colour i could look at all day long and not tire of it lol ..

I shall be posting some new photo's soon as it has had something of a makeover; needed to thin out my collection and this is going to my Daughters' boyfriend for his birthday in the next couple of weeks...

Wow ! i envy your daughters boyfriend :mrgreen: but i'm looking forward to more pics though :cool: :cool: ...

Back